HybridZ

I need some assistance with rims and tires, and avoiding a headache

I'm looking for a good set of rims for 77 280z to kick of my build and get an idea for where I need to mount my wide ZG flares and get an idea of what I should do with my suspension. To give you guys an idea of what I am doing, I should let you know that I am on a sort of tight budget, I am under 16 and am trying to get my Z in a good spot so I can drive it when I turn 16. So, back to what I am looking for, I am searching for a set of rims to fit my wide ZG flares, I want them to fill out my flares well and give a nice "stance" look. I'm really wanted advice on rims but if you want to through in tire size or maybe a setup with some pictures, that would be appreciated. I don't want anyone to recommend anything super cheap because I don't have a lot of money to blow, I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. In another sense I'm looking for a no BS setup. Oh, and BTW I plan on getting some ground control coil overs. Feel free to ask any question if it helps you make a recommendation, I will be glad to respond. 

Edit: I was told to be more specific so, I  might add, I am looking for rims for mostly street rims but with light track (autocross) use. I'm not sure on style, just looking for something that will look decent, as I plan on getting rims like watanabe's. I'm looking for a 16s or 17s, but could use some help with offsets. I would like to avoid using spacers but I can compromise if it means it will fit my flares better. 

Edited by spadess

This is a topic that has not just one answer.  Lots of factors determine what you can run, depending on your intended use, price range, and technical ability.  I suggest you research what has been done, this site has more information on this than any other, as far as I know.  Once you better define your needs, ask more specific questions that are more likely to get satisfactory answers.

This is a good thread to get you started on your research.  87 pages of wheel and tire combos, fenders both flared and unflared.

Obviously, many of the older posts no longer contain their original photos; but nearly all the data and pics within the last few years is still available.