HybridZ

260z carbed l28

TurnerD

I just bought a 260z with seized engine having a hard time finding a l26 but there are tons of l28 engines out there. I want to keep it carbed so could i just drop the l28 in and convert it to carbuerated easily. What problems would i run into. Would i have to convert the l28 heads to carbuerated could i use the l26 heads for that? New to carbuerated and new to z.

The 260Z carbs and manifolds should bolt right up to an L28.  People do it all the time, especially when they have problems with EFI.  Many L28's don't have the parts or holes in the head for a mechanical fuel pump though, but the 260Z has an electric pump anyway.

you should target an early L28, N42 block/N42 head this would mean you can utilize your stock square port exhaust manifold and you can still use a mechanical pump in it's stock location. 

Also assuming you don't use it, the EFI intake manifold that doesn't have an EGR can be sold for a bit of money ($150-$300 latest i seen)

if you wanted to go a bit further, you could swap the pistons for some 280zx flat tops and raise your compression and make a bit more power.