HybridZ

240z - 260z 2+2 rear panel differences

Hi everyone,

I have a 1973 240z that was in an accident and rather than repair it with steel the previous owner decided to take about the last foot off completely and go mad with some fiberglass and some odd lights. About all Ive been able to find as far as rear panels go is a couple of 260z 2+2 shells so I was wondering if anyone with a 240 or a 260 could measure across the full width as well as part measurements of the lighting/licence panels so I can see if a rear cut could be used. As the car has been played with a bit Im not worried about going back to original and just want some real steel holding the body together.

From a couple of post that Ive found about difference between 240/260/280z there were comments saying that a 260z 2+2 body is wider, or that the middle of the bumper is wider to fit around the body. But there wasn't any concrete information/ measurements (or if the spacing of lights is still the same), and there was no panel measurements in FSM's that Ive seen. 

If someone can do some measurements/ photos, or has some information it would be a great help. Thanks for your time.