HybridZ

SR20DE(T) swap with L28E?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

has anyone read the article in sport compact car comparing the nissan sr20 to the q series 25 (its qb25 or something similar)

If you mix the parts in the 2 engines like they are talking about wouldn't you get better performance than the l28 you meet without overboring and adding turbos and nitrous?

I am looking to get max performance so Im listening to any imput either way if anyone cares to start a discussion....

b_hand.gifcheers.gif

What do you mean by mixing and matching different components? Which components are you talking about? Swapping the pistons and rods out of the SR into the Q25de? Sport Compact Car (mainly Dave Coleman) has a habit of theorizing frankenstein engines that don't really fly...

Guest Anonymous

I must keep the dream alive...

But what about the swap and adding bigger turbos and rpm adjustment to power the body of an 82 280zx

Yap, 140mm rods I've not found a set yet but I did find a set of SR20DET rods are 136.3mm rods. the small end needs to be rebushed to 21mm because the new Nissan rods are usually 22mm. no biggy. RB pistonds are real short wrist pin height is only 30mm, stock L28 is like 38.1mm. With RB pistons, I'll be needing 140mm rods rebushed to 139mm with L28 crank, Or 137mm rods with LD28 crank.

BTW I got my RB piston Spec if you want it.

Guest Speaker

they said something about the crank in the QR needed to be modifyed a little bit IIRC

that'd be sweet... too bad the QR is an open-deck block :rolleyes: <-- at nissan