HybridZ

Best swap for a roadrace car

Hey dude, 1st gen RX-7 are some wicked little cars! Before I turned to the Z side I was thinking of building one. But that was long ago and I have now moved on to the Z ;) hehe.

How much do you think one of the custom Intake Mani's are running for? do you know where to find the ideal IM or who makes the best one? The 3SGTE could easily make 500rwhp, or AWHP in my case *grin* Do you know by any chance how strong that St205 6-speed is?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the 3SGTE...anyone know what "ST205" stands for? Maybe Celica GT4 means something to you? The ST205 is the code for the Celica GT4(alltrac) It comes with a 3SGTE engine, AWD, and a 6speed. Does that turn any one else on or is it just me? lol. 240Zduz10s said that the intake manifold is of falty design on the 3SGTE, could that be fixed with simply an aftermarket IM?

Guest 240Zduz10s

yeah i like the rx7 .. my model weighs 2200 pounds plus i can take some more nonsense out of it smile.gif only prob is it has an odd lug pattern and there isnt much room for wider tires without tubbing...

check some of these sites for gt4 stuff st205 stuff is hard to get and expensive..

fensport.com-- in the uk so they get jap imports cheap

toysport.com-- they know there stuff

• 1 month later...

I have heard talk that with the new RX-8 coming out there has been a lot work put into redesigning apex seals. Supposedly, they are out there now or on there way. I believe I remember hearing something from Mazda about it, but I can never be sure. With the new seals, much more life can be had out of those fast @$$ litte rotaries. If anything can help to prove that, the proof that the new 2-rotor is making at least 250 naturally aspirated ponies. Personally, if you have the money a turbo 2-rotor or 3-rotor would be the way to go. Just my 2 cents.