HybridZ

RB series engine mounts

Guest Simon

Ok guys

I’m thinking about making the engine mounts for the RB series engines commercially available for the early model Z (240z 260z 280z)

Like a package, 2 engine mounts and 1 gearbox mounts and limited documentation

Just want to know what people will be expect to pay and how many people would be interested

Cheers Simon

hey your in aus... can you tell me who makes adapter plates to adapt the br26 to an automatic tranny? im thinking about going auto and not sure where to go .. most people just go HUH????? when i say rb26 twak.gif also converter and flex plate applictions

thanks

clint

Guest Anonymous

I'd be interested in a set aswell, as long as they are compatible with the other RB series engines, I think I'd be going with an RB25/30 hybrid. They can't cost that much to produce can they?

i'd pay up to 800 for proper mounts to mount Rb26dett, no spacers etc, with R33 gtst gearbox, also coming with the custom sump, and possible driveshaft, but driveshaft isn't as important...

Guest Anonymous

yeah gearbox as well, if it made it a lot easier i would be willing to pay a fair bit. I would definately be interested in a little while (when i have the funds for the motor)

Guest Anonymous

I thought i had read somewhere that you can use z31 or some (300zx) engine mounts to mount a rb26 into a z and it sounded like it was a straight bolt in thing has anyone else heard anything like this?

I've also considered putting an rb26 into a 280zx and i do know that there is the problem with the engine/gearbox mount and the sump, i think i read somewhere someone used a sump from a rb25 and cut them both (rb25 and rb26) up and welded them together to make one that fits ok.

I've no real info on gearboxes like what works and what dont so id love to get some more on that

Guest Anonymous

oh yeah and to answer the question if you had a set of mounts, engine and gearbox and maybe a sump to because that would rock id be one of the first people to buy them cos i think those things would have to be 80% of the problem with doing an install like this , the only other real drama is the drive shaft but thats easy enough to deal with

as for what id pay for engine,gearbox mounts and a sump id pay $1,000 myself if its a quality job and no spacers and stuff.

Guest Zachb55

well i would pay a few hundred dollars, but i dont know about $1000 thats a little overboard for something like that, right?

but i am very interested cause i want to do that, you think you could ship them just about anywhere? how bout seattle?

Hi Jeotep,

cutting up both the RB25DET and the RB26DETT sump will NOT give you the sump that you'll need.

The RB26DETT sump is extreamely thick aluminium and the front drive shafts come out of them, the RB25DET sump is metal (how are you going to weld them together in the first place???)

The thing to do is to modify a RWD RB20DET, RB25DET or RB30DET sump.

If I get enough interest I will make the sump and engine mounts available. SERIOUSLY interested people can email me at:

nguyenxcuong@hotmail.com

I can make them, and have made it before, they will defenetly work, check out my pictures of my own RB26DETT 240Z in the other post

Hi all,

Well my RB26DETT 240Z is finally ready to hit the dyno for some tuning!

I'll be keeping the boost low (wastegate value only) in order to get the car licensed (dont want to scare the inspector who drives it and get knocked back for lack of traction!)

Then it will make its way down to the motor trimmers for a new interior, its all on the final strecth home from there!!!

I'm reconsidering making the RB conversion kits avaliable, mainly due to the numerous "time wasters" which I have received stupid emails from with rediculous offers from (appolagies for those that are keen, the time wasters, you know who you are!)

Will keep you all posted on the progress of the project.

• 6 months later...
:-D I would be more then happy to get a set of you hell just the drawings would be cool i have a rb hanging in the engine bay now and need help bad so please start making them lol,and in oz the z31 with the inline six you need to get the mounts and brackets out of are very, very rear,at the moment i have a set of r31 skyline brackets on and it wont sit low enough to shut the bonett or hood :cry:

Guest empracing

the auto adaptors your talking about for a powerglide or th170<trimatic> are from hugos or look up raceglides or where you after teh jetco a rb30 commodore box would do but there expencive to do up put it this way i got the works done to a trimatic and i mean the WORKS and it only came to 1600 and it will take anything a mild rb could muster the z31 mounts are rare and all hell anywhere arent they? i mean that was a good car i wouldent wanna strip it but can you get the parts from nissan? anyway a kit would have to include a sump and that would make it a costly kit unless you know a sheetmetal shop wizkid! ide plonk one in if i had the dosh to fork out on the motor/ems

I have-had a skyline GTR engine in my 240z also, alot of guys wants to do same, but after reply with how much to do the conversion, they never reply back. ITS NOT CHEAP TO DO IT. If anyone wants to do it them self, I can also machine some billet alum mounts for you. As for the transmisson mounts, different year of your Z has different mounting locations. Maybe we can work that out later.

Thanks

Rick

Guest sooley

I'm new to this forum, but I think I can be of assistance to any Aussies out there who want to do the RB Conversion into their Z. I am just finishing off my RB25 Conversion into a 240z. It is much easier than I am reading in this forum and alot easier than I thought it would be myself. Its like it was made for it. I used SR20 engine mounts, made a bracket to attatch to the block and the mount and presto, fits bloody great. The gearbox was the next mount I made. Which was easy too. Just did a u shape bracket and the stick fits up in the standard whole. The sump I am using is from an RB motor that has the sump bulg and the pick up at the rear(cant remember the model, ill let you know). It only needed minor mods to miss the rack but it fits great.

If there is anybody out there that wants me to make up some of these brackets, ie gearbox and engine, let me know. Ill have to work out a price.

The plenum is the next trick. I didnt want pipes snaking all over the engine bay, so I got a custom plenum made so the intakes on one side and the turbos on the other. This, once again looked like it was made for it. The cooler is a custom joby. Its the same size as what they use in the gtr just alot thicker.

Let me know if you have any questions.[/img]