HybridZ

Check out these dyno sheets!

BLKMGK

Originally posted by yo2001:

Blue lines were Supra right? That shows how undrivable the supra is on the street. There is no power up to 4500 rpm.

ROTFL! You've NEVER driven a Supra have you? It's driveable just fine. In fact I drove a T-78 single turbo car this past weekend and while it's power is biased up top I found that it was quite fun to drive. I've got no problems with a car that's docile down low but takes off like a rocket when you squeeze the pedal. My car, and the T-78 I drove, have close-ratio 6speeds in them and pretty low rear end ratios. That makes for a car that gets up and moves when you want it too. A shame they weigh so darned much, I think this would be great in a nice light 240Z though. malebitchslap.gif

Read this thread - those two cars actually RACED before the dyno runs were even done. The 'Vette guy was a cocky ass (okay, the Supra guy is a bit colcky too) and was stupid to race with a kid in the car but it's still a pretty funny story smile.gif

http://www.i-supra.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=154607117&f=349609257&m=469600457

Somewhere on that site in a different thread someone tries to tell the Supra owner it would've been a bit different from a roll due to, you guessed it, torque down low. He refutes that with 1.59 60ft times and 10 second 1/4s :eek: He slips the clutch HARD off the line with high RPM launches that apparently work pretty well. Frankly, launching my car is a bear and I'm considering a less grabby clutch. On DRs this sucker can snap your neck. Fuel system is on order (6X75lb injectors) and a single turbo of some size will follow. Mid 500RWHP is my goal on pump gas and mid to low 600 on race gas. We'll see, I've seen it done several times but until I've got the dyno sheets it's just bench racing...

Guest Anonymous

check out some posts on texasracingscene.com, theres a guy there with a supra nicknamed the walser supra, might be a few vids of this thing floating around eating up busas on the highway!!! Its totally sick, one of these days ill make the drive to austin and hopefully see it with me own eyes!

franklin

I have friends in the Toronto supra club, so I hang with them, and follow their cars as well.. well to be accurate..they follow mine..hehehehe

But that is another story...

Anywho.. most of these guys are running mkIII and MkII's.. met a mkII owner with a jspec mkIII turbo engine in an 85 supra..12 psi very low 13's.

Also have a good friend with a 82mkII with a 6M jspec NA motor.. man can he hook that car up. stock engine with headers.. runs low 14's!!

He too is dropping in a jspec 7MGE turbo motor. Total sleepers these cars can be..

Test drove an 82 with an HKS turbo on it.. kept pace with a new vette to almost 90mph... real sleeper that car was.. for sale for 3K to boot!!

Just posting cause I like supras too and like hearing guys playing with them. Though I enjoy kicking supra a$$ from time to time. Most of the Toronto boys won't play with me.. They got some wicked power in the mkIII's but need it just to hang with my lighter 280z.

I'll have them converted to z owners before I will convert to a supra though.. hehehe ;)

Have fun! 2thumbs.gif

Yeah what a peace of junk, better give me the keys and let me drive :D:D It's got 150hp at 3000rpm that's what my stock Z ever put out total. I hear the supra's are a dream to own as a high power street car, comfy, nice ride, good handling. Bit of a pain to get porky off the line but once rolling a sweet car. STOP GRANNY shifting you guys, it's not an 8.0l V10 WIND IT OUT. Personally when I want to go fast, I push in the clutch and downshift. You are going to have to know what you are doing with this kinda power, but you will have to with most 700hp cars anyhow. ;)

Anyone not happy with their T78 supra, I have spare room in my garage.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RacerX:

Out of curiosity - I'd like ask your opinion since you own a supraTT and have played with V8Z cars. Do you feel the SupraTT engine in a Zcar would be a handful with 650hp as opposed to a V8 with about the same HP in a Zcar.

RacerX, I'm not BLKMGK but I'd like to put my 2 cent into that question. The SupraTT would be a could be handfull at WOT but as for normal driving it very drivable. Why, because of the turbo. You only have 650 hp when the turbo is making boost. Other wise it's a baby when there negative to 0 boost - very drivable on the rain also.

Why would it be a handfull at WOT, on the straight away the car would probably be fine but not on the twisties at high speed. The problem is the Z car was not made to handle at high speeds, not enough down force. It can be done with $$$.

As for a V8 I would thinks it's not drivable, well not as drive able as a Z with the Supra engine. Can you imagine all that hp and torque from that V8. You'll need some really fat meats on that Z. If you have a automatic, it will chirp the tires when you put it in gear. Defiantly not drivable in the rain. If the street is wet and you tap the pedal as your leaving from a dead start, you've already broke traction. I would think the same thing would apply on a stick. You feather it was light as you can and when it grabs, chirp. Too much hp and trq for a light car like a Z.

You would get a better weight balance on a V8 Z.

Again this is my $.02