HybridZ

oh joyous day

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in a while. I've been way to busy at my new job. i get to play shopbitch for a cunstructin crew. tough work but it pays decent. anyways, guess what happened. after that whole fiasco with the block i had to get rid of because there was too much damage. i bought another one from my friend for $40. kinda scary actually since the motor had been in the back his parts truck with no heads or anything covering it for over a year! and was looking pretty rusted. well i take the block to my class and start to clean it up to get it ready to tear down. first thing i notice when I was wire brushing a particularly nasty spot of grime on the casting number was that the last three didgits were 360! SCORE!! icon_biggrin.gif on later year mopar blocks they have the engine size stamped in as the last three digits of the casting number for those of you who didnt know out there. and then the second suprise came when i went to take out the really big bolt that attackes the harmonic balancer to the crank. i grabbed a breaker bar and went to take out the bolt figuring the motor had seized from all the rust and to my suprise the crank still spun easily after a year in the open elements icon_smile.gif needless to say i finished tearing it the rest of the way down with a BIG grin on my face. I just took the block to my local high performance machine shop to get hot-tanked, bored .060, mag fluxed, paralell decked, and honed for moly rings. I am too happy right now icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Frank Rich

Nice score, man! Now get it all put together by April, and come to West Texas for the Open Road Race! (See "Motorsports") icon_wink.gif

"Lead me not into Temptation, I'm getting there just fine on my own!"

Frank icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

nice score. Is it a truck block. If so it has the right oil pan. I'm stuck with subframe connectors right now. These things take forever. I have to go pick up my motor when I get around to it. It's kinda hard to fit in the back of a jeep. later

Guest John Adkins

Great score! But be careful about the .060 overbore, especially if its later block. I've heard that late 70's up blocks shouldn't be bored out that much without sonic checking. The cylinder walls are thinner than earlier ones....

Guest Anonymous

yeah its a truck block so i have the rear sump pan. which is definately a added bonus to the deal. as for the overbore the machinist said almost any mopar motor is able to easily handle a .060 overbore even the later castings. now all i have to get is the haltech ign. , sanderson shorties, m1 intake with fule injectors, w2 or w5 alum. heads, KB hyperetedic pistons, forged crank and rods.... icon_biggrin.gif i don't know if i'll be done by april or not but 'll give it my damndest. i would likte to get the car set up by the beginning of next summer icon_rolleyes.gif but i know it won't probably happen until NEXT next summer.