HybridZ

Chrysler 300M engine

RacerX

Guest Anonymous

I looked at one in my pop-in-laws car and thought the same thing. Its a nice V6 only downside is finding a RWD transmission to fit it. The prowler from what I understand uses a transaxle similar to the newer vettes and the tranny's in the rear combined with the rear end. It'd make a nice swap though.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

My daily driver is a 94 Dakota with a 3.9 v6/5spd and it really hauls ass. I have been tempted on more than 1 occasion to stick this drivetrain in my Z. The truck has the Mopar perf computer and an MSD6A box and runs 15.64 in the 1/4 here at VA Motorsports Park. These engines are very easy to come by in the salvage yards and the efi makes them a real pleasure to drive. A set of headers and maybe a little head work and this engine should easily make a 2800lbz run 13s with no problem.

Guest Anonymous

i have always liked the thought of the plastic intake manifold. since the plastic isn't conductive to heat you pick up some free horses pretty easily and i think you don't have to worry about the manifold melting, warping, or cracking if the motor overheats.

Guest John Adkins

The 3.9L v6 out of the Dakotas is 3/4s of a 318...

So a lot internal parts will interchange (pistons, rods, rings, bearings, oil pump, timing chain, etc.) Somebody ought to build a mopar version of the GN motor by a turbo on one of these icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

I really would like to put an ATI supercharger kit on it but the Z gets all of the spare money right now, along with my new shop, maybe 1 day.