HybridZ

Header HP/TQ short v.s. long

Guest Luigi

Kinda different header question: How much HP/TQ do you think a long tube headers would add to a mild tuned 350 that has hooker shorties on it now? anyone done any back to back? i realize it wil be a "it depends" I also realize that longer tubes a generally thought to improve TQ and make HP at a lower rpm. just wondering how this pans out in the real world

FWIW, when I put my new headers on the car I'll probably dyno it again so we'll have a back to back on th etwo sets of headers. Not long tubes mind you but it will still be interesting. Of course if I've managed to solve my secondary "issue", if indeed that's really the problem, then the comparison won't be terribly fair. We'll see and I'll post results when I know more.

Here is another place to peruse,

www.headersbyed.com

I was pretty inpressed buy what he was saying and have the info kit that he sells. This guy says that equal lenght long headers are the way to go and has quite a bit of info to back it up. He has sent me a tape on header design. i will listen to it today and see if there is anything new.

Douglas