HybridZ

Ground clearance

eugene

Just about finished with my exhaust, 2 1/4" mandrel bends into single 3" turbo muffler. Looks like the best I can get is 4" ground clearance where the 3" tube goes under the dif. Is this going to be enough or am I going to bottom out all over the place?

Guest dankinzle

I have a 3.5" single running under the diff and I have no problems with bottoming out there. I've only bottomed out once and it was on a huge hole in the middle of a 40mph road. I scraped up the 2.5" singles under the passenger compartment very slightly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fast Frog

With stock suspension and good strut cartridges, you should be OK for anything except RR crossings. Performance suspension may lower your car 1 to 2 inches but the ride is a lot stiffer. I've a Quickor performance and lowering kit on my ride. It dropped the rear 1 1/2" and the front 1". My clearance with dual 2 1/2" exhaust is right at 4" like you. I only worry about RR crossings. icon_smile.gif