HybridZ

Dyno sim software

Guest Fast Frog

Dyno 28 (if it is still available) is real easy to use. Parameters include engine size-bore & stroke, heads, induction sys, airflow, cam with timing events, muffers, etc. Dyno 2000 has the same parameters with the addition of forced induction-turbo or SC. Dyno 2000, however, is in a MicroSoft Word format and gives you a graphs and tables and more combustion info than just HP and Torq figures. Both are meant to be guides and not necessarily gospel, tho some folks have come pretty close to the actual power depicted by either of these simulations.

DD -2000 is the cheapest and easiest to use cost about $50

ENGINE ANALYSER is a little harder to use but gives you more options (about$125)

ENGINE ANALYSER PRO is much harder to use but has way more options and ways to set up and test an engine (about $470)

RAPID LINES PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR PRO is the most complete but costs about $650

I have the first three and have played with the last one, DD-2000 gives you limited info but I think the most for your money, ENGINE ANALYZER PRO gives you a good bunch of options and answers lots more questions but like I said is harder to use! BTW as long as you stay with the more common engine combos the dd-2000 program is normally within 3% of the ENGINE ANALYZER PRO which has many more factors taken into account! as long as you realize that they only give a good guess and are by no means perfect but only a good guide youll do fine!

BTW G.I.G.O. APPLYS (Garbage info In Garbage info Out)

Guest Anonymous

Grumpyvette,

Do any of those programs require cylinder head flow data at specified valve lifts? If so, which ones? I always wanted to know how they could accurately determine HP without knowing anything specific about the cylinder heads. The program I've seen (desktop dyno crap), have very limited cylinder head selections ranging from "stock" to "race port" which leaves too much to imagination (or lack of) of the user. For instance, a full race port on a stock production LT1 head does not even come close to a full race port on a 18 degree aftermarket head, i.e.; 270cfm vs. 340+cfm.

Just curious,

Mike

Mike,

I have DD2000. It has specific headflow files that you can get from the internet for just about any popular head out there. The accuracy of these files is iffy at best, but they are available. Just download them to the software and they are available in menus when designing an engine to be dynoed.

Regards,

Jason

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Racin_Jason:

Mike,

I have DD2000. It has specific headflow files that you can get from the internet for just about any popular head out there. The accuracy of these files is iffy at best, but they are available. Just download them to the software and they are available in menus when designing an engine to be dynoed.

Regards,

Jason

That's good to know, although I'm more into "real world" flow numbers that I obtain from my machine shop on cylinder heads I've ported.

Like Grumpy said, "GIGO". icon_smile.gif

Mike

Quicker ON DD_2000 you can input custom flow data by going to the fourth ICON at the top of the page (looks like a valve with arrows)

most of the programs allow you to input port flow at different lift figures, dd-2000 is the easiest to use and ENGINE ANALYZER PRO is the most precice but the hardest to input data into. here are some flow files for DD-2000 (more people have that because of cost)

http://www.prestage.com/carmath/ddheads.asp

you must down load each head seperately on most computer programs.BTW you can make your own custom port flow files even on DD-2000 but doing things like finding your true DYNAMIC COMPRESSION RATIO with the cam and rod length in YOUR ENGINE are only available from the more expensive programs like ENGINE ANALYZER PRO