HybridZ

Got the DFI demo software...

BLKMGK

It's about 6meg in size and shows off some of the stuff I've been interested in. I won't go into details here as I'm STILL working on the EFI doc I promised but some of the things the DFI GEN7 can do are pretty promising! It will estimate mass air, estimate intake air temp at the port, and allow you to REALLY configure it for various sensor ranges - way cool. Unfortunatly it will only log 6channels at once which I believe is less than the competing FAST system. Where the GEN7 REALLY shines compared to the FAST is the malf functions. Go past 100% injector duty cycle, it sets an error code. O2 voltage goes whacky, it sets a malf and goes into a mode that ignores the O2. There's a whole list of errors it can detect along with steps it will take for many of them to prevent engine damage, so far I've seen NONE of this with the FAST system. icon_eek.gif Hrm, found something interesting for those of you with OD auto transmissions. This puppy will do all sorts of interesting things to lockup the converter (or not). Pretty sweet, wonder what else that output could be used for? icon_smile.gif

More as I learn it but I thought this might be of interest to some of us. This EFI doc is going to be looong icon_sad.gif

P.S. Will host the FAST and DFI software when I'm done. Won't be tonight and may be a few days, I've got a long list of site updates I really need to make (sigh).

Careful - this isn't "full" trans control like line pressure and shift points, this is just lockup like say for a 700R4. Since I'm running a manual trans I'm wondering what sorts of thngs I might be able to use that output other than a transmission icon_biggrin.gif