HybridZ

Fuel Injector Upgrade List (L28 Turbo)

Arif

I ordered the 75 450 SEL injectors after talking with Ron about the modifications needed (none). Got them last night and installed them this morning, the idle is great and I'll be spending the weekend retuining my SDS. Thanks again Ron for the info, they only cost me $53 a piece compared to rc engineering $85-$90.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

.....i like the "drop right in" part but i i dont like having to change the electronics...does mercedes make a lower volume injector w/the same body?...i'm gonna put them in my intercooled 82 zxt

...i want to get it to about 300-350 hp.......s

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen so far, you should be able to run Eclipse injectors (450cc/min)...these can be found for practically nothing. I personally have 4 sets laying around.

Most of the time they get upgraded and tossed in the garbage, or some place close to it.

If you can use the 550cc RX7 injectors in a Z, then you should be able to use the Eclipse injectors, since we sometimes upgrade to the RX7 injectors if we find them cheap enough.

Guest Anonymous

Somebody should put together a list for 400cc/min++ low impedance injectors that can be had pretty cheap. I think everyone knows about the 2gen Rx7's, the Murker/SVO, and the Mercedes injectors, I'm guessin there's a lot more. I'd put the thing together myself, but I don't have the knowledge/recources on the subject, besides those three of course. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all Fuellie Zedders out there.

Who's up for it?

2thumbs.gif

-980mak

Guest Anonymous

And the MerkerXR4Ti/svo/turbocoupe inj's

which are good for 360cc..

I've seen sets of four, good ones, go for like $50. Two sets, 100 bucks

scottie has a mod page for their installation

Btw, if anyone has another type, but its in #/hr, just multiply by 10.5

I'm gonna do a quick sweep on ebay.. then I'll get back to the list

I kinda wonder if some need various length modifications. For my own application I plan on getting a cartech rail, so I should be able to fit most types.

-980mak

PS.. anybody need some super injectors? Good to 1680cc/min! For your 800hp turbo inline 6 project! Come on, any takers? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600971234

`87-`92 Toyota Supra Turbo has 440cc/min injectors I have a set if someone is interested, they are low impedence, non turbos have like 370cc/min

MKIV Supra Turbo's have 550cc/min and non turbos have 440cc/min

Just had to add these into the list.

Guest Anonymous

Tony,

I just realized you have 3 of my four favorite imports, maybe not my favorite years, but you have them..

Z

Supra

3000gt

(you're missing the r34 skyline of course icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif )

how much do you want for the supra injectors?

I'm trying to price a good set already. Even though I have other costs...

Hey, I'm (as they say) down widdat.

Ok, so this is what we *know* we can use to upgrade our Z injectors.

1990-1994 Eclipse A/T injectors - 390cc

1990-1999 Eclipse Turbo M/T injectors - 450cc

2G RX7 turbo injectors - 550cc

Mercedes injectors - 420cc (I'm not sure which models, but if you guys can tell me I'll be glad to put up everything I can find out on my site)

I know the Eclipse injectors can be found very very cheaply.

• 2 years later...
`87-`92 Toyota Supra Turbo has 440cc/min injectors I have a set if someone is interested, they are low impedence, non turbos have like 370cc/min

I'm using the 440cc/min supra turbo ones in my car now, and they are high impedance.

`87-`92 Toyota Supra Turbo has 440cc/min injectors I have a set if someone is interested' date=' they are low impedence, non turbos have like 370cc/min

[/quote']

I'm using the 440cc/min supra turbo ones in my car now, and they are high impedance.

Then they aren't turbo injectors. The n/a's used high imp.

Hey' date=' I'm (as they say) down widdat.

Ok, so this is what we *know* we can use to upgrade our Z injectors.

1990-1994 Eclipse A/T injectors - 390cc

1990-1999 Eclipse Turbo M/T injectors - 450cc

2G RX7 turbo injectors - 550cc

Mercedes injectors - 420cc (I'm not sure which models, but if you guys can tell me I'll be glad to put up everything I can find out on my site)

I know the Eclipse injectors can be found very very cheaply.[/quote']

The A/T 390cc injectors, are turbo also and are they still blue like the 450's?