HybridZ

holley carbs?

jzd14

Guest Anonymous

I love my carb. I have a BOB SHARP intake with a Ford 2bbl on it with custom cable and a header with 2.25" exhaust. Hauls some but too. Sounds pretty nice. never needs to be tuned and passes emissions with flying colors. I will be selling the setup ASAP but I have to get the rest of my V8 stuff tegether first. I can spin 7200 rpm on my 2.4 L6 (gets up to about 125 in fourth gear and 108 in third. VRRRRROOOOOM. pretty good for an all stock bottom end and head with 150K in it.

Guest Anonymous

oh duh....holley carbs rock for max performance but for the everyday driver a carter or edelbrock is better.

PS. my Z averages 20 mpg with the 2 bbl and I have a lead foot.

Guest Anonymous

I haven't tryed this but IMO you'll want a small 4 brl carb on your six. maybe 450--550 cfm(?)

73 240, are you going carb on your V8? If so, have you looked at the Demon carbs? I was thinking 625 cfm road deamon for my sbford.

Jon

Guest Anonymous

I will have a 650 Holley unless I can pickup a deamon or a BG Holley cheap. Got my carb from a friend. Hell I thought about going economy with a 327 and my ford 2 bbl. My dad had a scraemer 327 with a Ford 2 bbl and got over 20mph in a 1957 chevy belair. I would rather go big. The car is a toy now so I don't care about mileage really.

Holley makes a trick little 390 cfm 4 barrel that would be perfect for an L6. Expensive booger, however. They also have a 390 with choke housing removed that NASCAR uses (or at least used to use) on its restrictor plate motors on the super speed ways. (600hp and 390 cfm!?)