HybridZ

Oil Leak at oil filter location

I have an oil leak at the filter mounting location. I'm using the Summit remote oil filter kit.

I have this (the whole thing, not the arrow)

oil_filter_adapter.jpg

which screws into a plate, then the remote adapter screws into the other side of the plate.

I've discussed with others here on the billet units sold in Jeg's, but I can't find the dang post.

So, my question is, do I need to be using the part pictured above? I assume so, since it screws into the plate supplied by Summit.

Owen

Hrm, I'm confused. There shoudl be two parts I think - adapter screwed into oil filter location, then hoses from that, and then the remote mount itself. I used the billet piece and it's never leaked - removes the bypass too. However the remote filter mount DOES leak some even with a System One trashcan style filter screwed on icon_sad.gif My intent is to work on the cheapo' filter holder to try and fix this problem. The block fitting is holding WELL.

Yes, 2 parts...or more...

That part in the picture, a plate that bolts to it with a pipe thread sticking out for the remote filter adapter or just the filter.

Methinks I over tightened it...and am considering the ACCUSUMP setup. Asked Mike Kelly about it and did some other research on the net, sounds good!

Owen