HybridZ

throttle help

Have you tried putting a stronger return spring on? Maybe the one you had broke or came off somehow? I think a stronger return spring would make things alot easier for you. J

Kind of sounds like the way your throttle reacts; you are missing the return spring or something. Try revving your engine manually from the carb and see how it reacts. Stiffer spring would make the pedal alittle harder to push, making it alittle bit easier to manage. I've seen spring kits at PepBoys, Kragen, Autozone. A package of 3 different tension springs for 3.99 or so.

Does your engine idle high after you get on it? Or does it return to the normal rpm at idle? Just try another spring to see if it makes a difference for you. Goodluck!

Sounds like you don't have much of a problem then. I kind of like the throttle to be on the responsive side. That's just me. Maybe you just need to get used to driving the Z that way. Easier to rip and burnout on other cars. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Well I'm sure the stiffer return spring will help you out some. Keep me posted. J twak.gif