HybridZ

Crap!...It's coming out!

Well damn! icon_sad.gif My engine is coming out. Once I got my exhaust system on, I notice a strange ticking noise coming from the engine. That is why I drove my car to my engine builder, but (from and earlier post) my fuel pump died and I didn't make it. I towed the car home, replaced the pump, started the car and let it idle to warm up. Just as I got out of the car I hear a thump.....thump,thump......thump. icon_confused.gif , so I rush to turn it off. Towed it back to my engine builder because he wanted to hear it. Long story short, the #8 intake and exhaust lobes were no more icon_eek.gif , also #4 intake, and #3 exhaust!! Turns out Comp Cams had a problem with about 100 cams being to soft around the time my engine was built! Well you guessed it, I have one! So now my car is back home and I'm taking the engine out so my builder can totally clean and check it.Comp Cams is suppling everything and then some! My builder is keeping the extra stuff to pay for the laber. What a total drag!!! cry2.gifim000162.jpg

Dude that totally SUX. Which Comp are/were you running? Was that the Hyd roller? I just got my mech roller from them (had to be drop shiped) and was wondering if you or anybody else out there has heard of any problems with those.

Also thanks for posting the pics of the U-joint for the steering.

David

Guest JAMIE T

I had a similar problem with Lunati about 5 years ago. I got a bad batch of Big Block Chevy valve springs. They started breaking one at a time. I started replacing them with comparable Comp springs. Then when I had the money replaced the whole set-up with new Comps. Everything was fine after that.

I was running a Comp Cams 292H. About 4 mos. ago on the way back from our first Bay Area Hybrid Z get together, I hear a ticking noise from the engine. As I get closer to my house it gets worse and then starts running like sh%*. To make a long story short,the cam had a flat lobe on #3 cyl. I now am using a Wolverine Blue Racer hydralic and everything is back to normal.

Mike D.

interesting.... my 350 went through a similar scenario. i was using a comp cams xtreme energy cam, bought and installed about two years ago. i rarely drove the car until the past 5 months. after about 2 months of normal driving, i lost the intake and exhaust lobes on the number 5 cylinder.