HybridZ

Sounds like a belt to me..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was just woundering what the problem could be..... Well sometimes when i start my car up, it makes this loud belt squiky noise. and it also makes this noise when i reach around 3,500 rpms. Does anyone know what it could be? thx

-Ark

Yes, it sounds alot like a loose belt. Check for any loose belts. I use this method. You should be able to pick the longest span from one pulley to another and turn the belt no more then 90*. Something else that has helped me in the past is dishwashing liquid. Rub it on the V side of the belt everywhere you can reach and let dry. Sometimes two or more applications are needed, being you can only get to certain lengths of the belt at one time without turning the motor over. It helps get them sticky. There is also belt dressing, but I have never used it.

I have used "Belt-Dressing" and it is a good product; at least the one made by Permatex is.

After belts have slipped a while, they build up a bit of glaze on them and no matter how tight you get them, in the right conditions they seem to slip! icon_mad.gif The belt dressing helps to break up the glaze (seems to anyway) and return them to 'normal' status, but make sure you tighten them up before using!! Also, if your belts are old, please replace them because any dressing is a band-aid fix at best if the belt is old, worn, and ready to go.

Davy