HybridZ

1200-1000 82zxt idle

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...just had my engine rebuilt....heater didnt work so i moved the vac lines @ the magnetic switch canister ..

..... got the heat/defrost,cruise working and running well...but it idles @1200 cold then goes to 1000 after it warms up... it idles @ 700/750 only if i take a vac line straight to the fuel pressure regulator....how should i test this?

thanks...s

Guest Anonymous

..i dont have one in my car....(there arent any adjustments @ all)..its all done (or not) by the ecu and/or aac valve...i have heard the new (replacement) aac valves have an adjustment valve..that might get it to idle @ 700 (compensate for whats wrong)...but i'm afraid that might not be the real reason its idling incorrectly...s

Guest Anonymous

theschmaydee,

I am working on my heater air conditioning as well. I read that there is an idle adjustment done by the air conditioner, to raise the ide rpms only when the air conditioner is on. heres a quote from my 1980 zx na factory service manual:

"*F.I.C.D. Fast Idle Control Device increases engine revolution when system is ON. This device is nonadjustable"

the star is a reference for the picture up above of the layout of the system, where it is labeled F.I.C.D.*

It seems to me that maybe this could be your problem. Do all of the ventac controls work properly?

Just some thoughts,

Kris