HybridZ

HybridZ FAQ

johnc

Well, I'd really rather not until it looks somewhat presentable. It's so far from complete at this point. (Speaking of presentable, I really need to re-do my main page - ugly.)

How 'bout this, I put a tiny little link at the very bottom that says "FAQ Draft".

If you go to http://240z.jeromio.com/faqdraft and hit Ctrl-D (assuming you're using IE), it will bookmark it for you (or you can click Bookmarks->Add in Netscape).

BTW... a lot of the swap stuff I stole from Mike Kelly's page. Want to give credit where credit is due. I'll start working on Suspension/Chassis stuff.

Also, regarding this statement I put as an answer to a question:

"A shortened Nissan driveshaft or a custom one should be strong enough for most conversions."

I've never heard of a Nissan driveshaft being used in a V8 swap?

True, but I've seen them reused in tranny and other non-V8 swaps. Maybe we should just reference the custom driveshaft. Even shortening a Nissan drivshaft is really making a custom one. How about:

"A properly built custom driveshaft should be strong enough for most conversions."

Yes, definately part of Drivetrain/Differential.

Word is okay. But straight text (copy from Word, paste into email) might be better.

Oh, didn't see John's post. I changed the driveshaft bit.

Also, in the Scarab question/answer, I tried to capture some of the points made in that Loooooong thread we had going a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the mention of my car and site in "how long does it take?" in the V8 Swap section icon_smile.gif .

The FAQ is looking great!

Paul Richer wrote an FAQ many years ago on the Chevy V8 swap. It'd be a good place to start. Some of it is obviously dated, as new hardware and ideas have come about since then. It's on Zhome.com, you could link to it, or Paul R (member here) could give you permission to copy it.

http://www.zhome.com/rnt/v8.html

If any of my wheel fitment, structural mods (like drawing of a subframe connector), etc. is useful, steal it.

I've got some R230 stuff on my page if you need pix or info.

http://v8zcar.topcities.com/s30z/r230.htm

My front mount pix are missing but Tim240z has some good design he made.

Maybe links to different peoples pages would be helpful in keeping the FAQ down to size?

I have the Maxima turn sig swap too.

http://v8zcar.topcities.com/s30z/turnsigassy.htm

Owen

malebitchslap.gif

Well Pete, since you named your project The Marathon Z Project...

I think linking to information on other established Z sites is a good way to go. Unfortunately, linking to information on people's personal web sites often breaks down after a couple years. My FAQ strategy has been to ask permission and then copy/paste for the good stuff that people have on their own sites.

Alright. I'm looking for content. I just incorporated John's latest Engine section.

Looking for more! Even if you don't necessarily know the answer, there's lots of places (many mentioned in this thread) that have valuable info that can be incorporated into this FAQ. Think about all the questions you've asked about your car in the past, write them down (well, type them down) and email them to me. Then just go thru and find answers. It doesn't have to look pretty or be good copy - I can run thru it and fix grammar, spelling, etc. Don't worry about it! I just need the content.

I think that the Wheels issue is a really popular question - which is why I broke it out separately. People always wanna know what will fit. I set up a table with the idea that anyone and everyone who has wheels on the car (you've got those, right?) would email me the specs of the combinations that fit.

For stuff like Owen's column switch mod and Pete's various relay electrics, I think we might need a whole 'nother section. Electrical. Whaddya think?

Anything on this site that I write, draw, or photograph, or on my site, is free to copy.

I do think it'd be a good idea to cite the person and at least their present email, website, HybridZ handle, etc. when info is copied to the FAQ. This gives the person credit, and more importantly gives readers a place to go look for further clarification or to comment on errors, updates, etc.