HybridZ

L6 Dampner Problem -- HELP

Joel and Tim, how are you going to mount the pickup since the wheel will be on the front of the damper?

My trigger wheel is already on the front of the damper, so I shouldn't have to change anything.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guyz.... howz thosez new BHJ dampers looking/working. o.gif I haven't had any problems with my cheap fix I did/showed on mine (first page).

What was the final total cost for the BHJ unit that has two pullys and will accept the 62 tooth Elmtve trigger wheel ?? TimZ, JeffP ??

thankz

joel

So far my BHJ damper is working just fine. It bolted right up with no modifications required to my existing setup, except having to find new belts for the accessories, since the pulleys are slightly different sizes.

The 2 pulley damper with the trigger wheel was $410.95 delivered.

So far my BHJ damper is working just fine. It bolted right up with no modifications required to my existing setup' date=' except having to find new belts for the accessories, since the pulleys are slightly different sizes.

The 2 pulley damper with the trigger wheel was $410.95 delivered.[/quote']

Thanks Tim, an answer is what I was looking for..... :roll:

$410 with wheel is a big differnce in price from what was qouted in that link.

Thats why I posted the question> to hear it from you guys. I'm sure JeffP was glad to finally get a part he didn't have to mod after receiving it.

Good to hear its a strait up "bolt on" part.... I will be buying one real soon, as I want to be certian mine don't take a poop on me... :D

thanks again for the input

joel

• 2 years later...

Since my stock damper is squeeking, I yanked this thread out of the dark ages.

Damper:

1) Look at the head of a spinning ice skater. Her neck is the damper.

2) Stand on a dock holding onto a slack waterski rope. As the boat takes off: What happens when the rope gets taut and the boat is going 30mph and you are standing still? OUCH!! If the rope were a rubberband, it would be a damper and your arms would NOT get ripped out of your shoulders.

Fast forward to the year 2006:

Anyone have a new or custom damper available for an L28ET with AC?

I've seen a couple of Z's fitted with modified BMW crank pulleys, has anybody seen this before and know what I'm on about? I'm trying to find a picture of one now, they are black and a lot bigger than the Z pulleys.

• 5 years later...