HybridZ

did the 77' 2+2 come with r200?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i found a 77 280z 2+2 at a local salvage yard. i believe it has an r200, just wanted to cofirm it on here before i buy it. but the guy told me 50 bucks for the differential, and an extra 25 for the mustache bar and half shafts. sounds like a good deal huh?

Guest Anonymous

The round differential/drive shaft flange may also indicate a 200 rearend. Datsun had a habit of switching parts to use up all their old inventory. Flanges come in square and round with 8mm or 10 mm bolt holes. Conversion flanges to adapt the bigger Chevrolet drive shaft and u joint to the Datsun rearend may also get confusing. Apparently Neapco part #2-2-459 will work on the 280Z round differential flange and 2-2-899-1 may work on the square flange. The differential flanges will interchange and you will be looking for a round one with a 2.25 pilot in the flange. Chevrolets's u joint is a Dana/Spicer #1310 I have a 2+2 280 automatic rear end that is a R 200 and suspect some of these models may have got 180's too. Yes it is a good deal for a R2000 and shafts.