HybridZ

sr20det?

majik16106

I just dont know about top end power, I really like the Lt-1 t56 swap as well, you know, darius changed my life, haha. I think the sr would work really well but like said above, if the turbo spools really violently then ill be all over the road in the middle of a gear, I think a lt1 with a small (8psi) supercharger might actually be more street friendly than a sr20det with a t67(which would be about the same power level as the sc lt-1.)

I just dont know about top end power, I really like the Lt-1 t56 swap as well, you know, darius changed my life, haha. I think the sr would work really well but like said above, if the turbo spools really violently then ill be all over the road in the middle of a gear, I think a lt1 with a small (8psi) supercharger might actually be more street friendly than a sr20det with a t67(which would be about the same power level as the sc lt-1.)

Actually I remember a post from Darius stating that his car was somewhat undriveable. He would lose the rear end constantly, even with the wide rubber he had. He would break the rear tires at 70MPH with little effort, so your statement above may not be all that accurate. Personally, I think that "problem" is one I would love to " have to deal with".

Tim

I just wish I could find something that would make the car insane fast on the road, but not insane hard to drive, i knwo its kind of a contradiction but every car has a perfect point, I cant seem to pin point it on the Z, with a heavily modded rear end, coil over suspension and roll cage the chassis is fine, I can put 17x11 with a 335 DR if I want. I drive a 400rwhp 3rd gen supra and it works great, i just wish I had a bit more torque, I was also thinking a 2jz with a smaller say sp57/60 turbo would be great too, I just love shooting around traffic, I would like th car to be super fast between say 30-100mph, but stay pretty straight. I dont care about running 10s or anything like that, I enjoy driving around. If i wanted to go 10s Id just do the GN swap, but id kill myself driving around on a street with that, besides, id much rather keep the manual trans...

Tim, I promise you it's NOT a problem you would enjoy. Never mind the potential for breakage, having to watch the throttle application is a PITA. I have that problem with my Supra now although warmer weather has helped SOME. Nothing worse than stepping into it and losing traction just as you start to really get rolling. Be that a V8 or turbo smaller motor it's no fun. My turbo breaks the tires loose on it's minimum setting - 1.2BAR - in the first three gears. When it's cool out 4th can be a little dicey at times too, especially if the road isn't perfect. Losing traction at those speeds is NOT enjoyable. Drag radials will go on the car shortly and should really help now that weather has improved. If I run a weaker spring then I cannot make full boost when I run race gas (2.2BAR) I'm told. I may try it though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know, yah I went in a ride in a car last night that changed my whole way of thinking, i really think this is what ill do, or i might actually do a 7mgte swap, one of the two is going into a old z, i gotta clean the supra up a little then its go time ont he Z project.

• 1 month later...
Guest FullBoostOrBust

Zed660,

Wow, thanks so much i have been on the hunt for a SR powered Z. I was curious on how the engine mounts would come about with a 4 cyl in the Z. The custom mounts are moved up alot on the engine. Very nice, i'm trying to contact the owner and see about getting some of those mounts, anyone know what rear he is useing from the pic?

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3245&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

I got a R200 turbo diff with 3.90 gears. Think i will have any problems with a custom drive shaft coming out of the SR20 tranny into the R200? Any info is greatly appricated!

Guest GoaTSLonG

hey i have an sr swapped 240sx and the powerband is perfect and not too peaky although im probly only putting down like 250rwhp. I know a guy who has a 2nd gen rx7 with an sr swap, i think its pretty fast too.

• 3 weeks later...