HybridZ

"# of posts since your last visit"

Guest Damn Cracker

Guest Damn Cracker

This feature hardly ever seems to work. Most of the time, it says something like 150 posts, then when I click on it, it says "sorry, no matches found". other times, it will only have a few posts. I've tried it on other computers, does any one know why it does this?

Guest livewire23

hmm, i found this post by using that feature. :D havent had any problems so far. My only complaint, is that I also follow some threads by email, but I dont feel like checking to see what else is new. And so I miss out on everything that happens before every time I check on a thread. Oh well, no biggie. I occassionally go back to see what else I missed. Perhaps Im a bit obsessed? :roll:

• 2 months later...

I use this feature almost exclusively. However, it has always worked kind of strangely for me. It almost always lists more unread posts than are actually listed when I click the link. Like just now it listed 65 new posts, but when I click the link there are only 39 posts on the page and no second page listed.

EDIT: Duh, multiple posts on a single thread might explain that wouldn't it?

Think, then post... :oops:

• 3 weeks later...

I normally use this feature exclusively on any forum that I read. But this one works a little "too" well. If I accidentally close the window, I will get the 0 posts since last visit. Other forums that I frequent don't behave like this, I can still get to posts that were made in the last few hours.

I guess what I would really like to see is the newest posts in the last day(s). Unfortunately there is no search option for all the forums at once, so I can't do that. Any chance that capability will be added?

• 2 weeks later...

First: If it says 44 posts and you only see 29, that is because there are multiple posts on each thread. This is normal and the way it was intended to be.

I find that I have to completely close the browser window I've used to look at hybridz for the # of visits since last here function to update. If I start up a new window every time I return, then this function works fine for me. If I have the same window open and I go back to hybridz, it doesn't update.

First: If it says 44 posts and you only see 29, that is because there are multiple posts on each thread. This is normal and the way it was intended to be.

Thanks Richard, that makes some sence . . . ?

I do use my refresh buttom often, everytime I return from the last post I was reading .