HybridZ

RB26DETT powered 350Z

Guest 280steveX

Guest 280steveX

found this...

Originally posted by poweraddict

April 8, 2003 - BATLGROUND ENGINEERING (ATLANTA, GA)

http://www.batlground.com

404-881-4331

First Skyline powered 350z in the world.

Here is the pictures of our new project car. The car will debut at Nopi Nationals in Atlanta, GA.

The car is a 2003 Chrome Silver 350z with a RB26DETT (Skyline GTR) motor. Single turbo kit and intake manifold are being made, wiring is being done, and the car will make over 625rwhp and driven on the street daily, and weighing in around 2900lbs.

bg1.jpgbg2.jpg

bg3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

did anyone notice the sploodge on the right hand front bumper? seems like someone saw it and got a lil too excited

I guess those guys are just saying "screw waiting for a turbo/superchargers kit, were just going to go balls to the wall and put in a RB26DETT!"

I wouldn't have the balls to do that to a brand new car! :shock: I love it though! :D

Guy

Guest michael_240Z

wouldn't the engine technically be an RB26DET since they went to a single turbo setup? i agree with tim, that's how it should have come from the factory, except they could have tried to set the engine farther back or lengthened the front end slightly(that way not only would it balance the front and rear better, it would give it a general body shape more like the first generation Zs).

Guest tt350

Man I cant wait to finish Mecahnical Engineering, youll be seeing some crazy stuff then. lol (I got about 3 years to go, dam).

Why is nissan dropping its testoreone levels these days?

I mean, did you guys see the new Skyline. They friggin killed the looks, and the power. Forget about upgradibilty, i think that was shotgunned to hell as well.

I think this Batlground engineering should show this to nissan... dreams

Im seriously considering makin my own money now (kiddin, dont go on callin the cops). That is one nice setup. Only 2900 lbs.? how much does the original weigh?

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey, I just noticed this forum, and found my car on it.

Thanks for the compliments, the engine is at the machine shop now, hopefully will be going in soon. I have a lot of work to do and a lot of parts laying around. Hopefully going to pump out 850RWHP, put some of these import haters in their places. :-D

Here are my mods:

Nissan 350Z - RB26DETT

GT76 Single Turbo, 1000cc Injectors, AEM Race ECU, Wiseco Pistons .40 Over, Polished Stock Rods with ARP Rod Bolts, HKS 60mm Wategate, 2 Greddy Type S BOV, Apex Head Gasket, HKS Fuel Rail,

Aeromotive External 1000hp Fuel Pump, Aeromotive FPR, ARP Head Studs, Blitz BLM EGT/Boost Guages, Volk GT-7 Wheels with BFG G-Force KD/TA's for street use.

I forget the rest.

The Splug you see on the bumper was me hitting a bug 3 days earlier, the last time it was on the road :x

It should be back on the road in mid September at the latest!

i love seeing stuff like this. people pushing through boundaries that have barely been realized .... keep up the good work, let me know if you need any fabricators to work for ya :wink: i think that everyone here can appreciate what your doing :D

Wow, that engine bay sure is small compared to the S30's! I too think this is the car nissan SHOULD have made out of the 350z. (I guess that would be 260z... Hmm, I see a marketing problem here)

Great swap, keep us updated!

Wow' date=' that engine bay sure is small compared to the S30's! I too think this is the car nissan SHOULD have made out of the 350z. (I guess that would be 260z... Hmm, I see a marketing problem here)

Great swap, keep us updated![/quote']

Nah, they should just punch that block out to 3.5l!!...Hmmm RB35Dett :shock::D

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Heh SWEET conversion! Looks like it's being done stateside too :shock: This is going to be a VERY nice car and WAY better than the stuff Nissan put out for sale from the factory. AEM ECU too - very sweet. Please keep us posted on the progress - more pics plz!