HybridZ

RB26DETT powered 350Z

Guest 280steveX

Hey Brent, welcome to the forum, your car will be appreciated here. That car is being built right here in good ole' atlanta. Dan is the fu*kin Man, he drives one of the baddest supras in the country, he recently ran a 9.2 something and he is self funded by his shop, no major super sponsors or anything. One of the few people in "the mainstream shop" type of place that i still have respect for. Him and the crew at batleground have been hard at work on that thing for months, its been under raps, so im glad he finally let pictures out, he used to have a no cameras within certain distance of the Z rule...haha. Im glad to see he is finally showing it off, and I cant wait to race it...

Guest Anonymous

About how much would all this cost to do? if its somewhere below 15 grand you might have one more person on your list to get this conversion done.

Here are my mods:

Nissan 350Z - RB26DETT

GT76 Single Turbo' date=' 1000cc Injectors, AEM Race ECU, Wiseco Pistons .40 Over, Polished Stock Rods with ARP Rod Bolts, HKS 60mm Wategate, 2 Greddy Type S BOV, Apex Head Gasket, HKS Fuel Rail,

Aeromotive External 1000hp Fuel Pump, [/quote']

Interesting conversion - looks very nice.

One thing that I noticed is that you may want to rethink the fuel pump, depending on how much boost/fuel pressure you plan on running...

fuel pump thread

That pump will handle it - more than one Supra runs that pump under some serious boost. However it's loud as hell and probably not something I'd want on such a nice car - on my Mustang a similiar pump is LOUDER inside than the blower AND the exhaust :shock: They sound like a coffee grinder :( You may want to use one of those boxes that varies the voltage on it as well since you won't need full volume all the time.

Dual Walbros or if you've got a good alternator dual Supra pumps will flow a TON although some Supra guys are actually now talking about going with THREE Walbros - wow! Walbros heat up some and drop a little pressure but mine seem rock solid and are QUIET. I hear a hum from outside the car, nothing more. You'll see what I mean when you fire that sucker up the first time but flow wise you ought to be fine IMO...

That pump will handle it - more than one Supra runs that pump under some serious boost.

I'm just going by the numbers that I had for that pump (or at least the same pump as sold by Kinsler). Could be okay, could be pretty marginal or even inadequate, depending on how much boost will be run and the base fuel pressure. At the very least it bears further investigation.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...