HybridZ

1000 lbs/Tourque, what rear-end (for road racing).

Guest tt350

600 is not all that much horsepower, the Fords have forged pistons stock, not sure about the rest - but Chevy engines get "forged" rods but being factory forged, they aren't as good as aftermarket stuff, and a 350 crank in the LT1 would take 600 HP but they get sloppy under power, not good.

I am no Ford expert but I believe it, there was a twin turbo Ferd that blue its internals, but I was under the impression it may have been tuning, ping and you are probably going to kill it. I know that the late model LT1 will suck up about 550 HP safely on hyper pistons, they will take 600 HP for "awhile" but will eventually bend a rod if not break something first, and being a high compression engine with only 2 bolt mains (Fbody) it was never meant for big power without building it up, but it still handles 2x stock power (again, for awhile, 550 is pretty damn safe if you can tune and cross your fingers).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tt350

Dont take me wrong moridin2004, I just thought that was impossible. Thanks for the link, and ill start lookin into it more.

Are you trying to convert me to Ford? :lol:

Hey Mudge, since you live close by me, maybe we can meet up some weekend, chug back a few sodas (i dont drink), and get my whole dilemma solved. You seem to be very knowledgable, so Id be more than willing to travel the 2 hour trip (takes me about an hour, hehe).

I love cars, but only consider myself semi knowlegeable. My experience is some common sense (yeah right), alot of reading, and wrenching mostly on my 94 LT1 (411/385 at the wheels NA).

Your about 90 miles from me but I'd be up for something, maybe a track day or something? There is supposed to be one I believe May 17th at Sac.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18650&start=45

Yep, May 17th

I've also been a member of the local mailing lists for a few years, really good info and lots of experienced drag and road racers on the list

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bamotor/

Primarily Chevy guys, but one other 240Z guy, former MR2 owner, spec RX7 racer (and TA owner) so there is some variety albeit not much.