HybridZ

R30 Skyline, L20et.

sorry man, cannot help ya on the injectors and all, in new to all this myself.

yeah the Diff is the same as mine didnt know they where r200's tho :)

the no power is a strange one, probablyneeds a tune as a l20et makes its power at 5800rpm. but pussibly becasue its older itsdiffrent, turbo could also be a little on the worn side. mine is the past has had turbo problems, before i got it tho

they have risen again, well i think they have, keeps howling off under boost sometimes :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I've been playing with it a bit more changed the AFM to another I had lying around from an L20 turbo and it doesn't seem to hesitate as much, got it up to 5800rpm but it was struggling. Stuck a boost gauge on it too, stock it runs 6psi and when you yank the wastegate line it goes up to about 16 :) quite quick on 16 pounds heh.

It needs new sparkplug leads and a cap and rotor, I think they are all original and it has 298,000ks on it.

I'll take some pics of it tomorrow, its a bit dark now.

Guest Anonymous

First idea was to modify the pop off valve, instructions here on how to do that:

http://home.flash.net/~joeao/greg/adjpopoff.html

I cut up an old thermostat and jammed it in there, made a bit of difference but I didn't have the boost gauge on at the time so I have no idea how much boost it was running.

Its now got the inlet manifold, injectors and throttle body from the L28 on it with a Skyline GTSt rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Its freeboosting (I'm not too worried about the L20, I've got 2 spare L28s) and in first its going up to around 17 - 19 pounds which the engine doesn't like very much, I'll have to get a bleed valve on there soon. Chirps into 3rd quite nicely :)

Guest Anonymous

Finally got some pics of the beast, thought you might like to see them.

My boost gauge isn't the most accurate on the planet ($15 from Repco) so my boost readings could be up to 3 pounds + or - I'd say.

1.jpg

2.jpg

31.jpg

4.jpg

Z1.jpg

In the third pic I've highlighted the ignition module thingy, for some reason this car has on that is made in the US on it, and it has two plugs, all my Z ones only have one, whats your Skyline got?

The 2nd pic is of the funny idle controller thing, its different to every other car I've seen, US spec or NZ spec.

The last pic is of the car its all going into, my trusty Z. Its got different wheels on it now, some 15"s

Guest unhingedlizard

Lots of KIWIS Popping Up.

How cool

Where is every one?

I am in the Waikato.

I have a 280zx L28, soon to be turbo thanks to a handful of parts from a HR30 L20ET from the local wreckers.

Guest 260zman

Hey man!! i'm from waikato too!! Te Awamutu to be exact! Thats pretty cool, have to have a big Datto meet. I've got a 260z 2+2, with an Rb20det transplant waiting to happen. Just been playing with suspension and brakes lately.

I work at Stewart and Cavalier Engineering.

Guest unhingedlizard

Shit hot!!

I live in Cambridge but at the moment I am working in Te Kuiti.

I travel through Te Awamutu every day!

I have a 1979 280ZX 2 seater. Red, but may change soon;)

Guest empracing

man that makes my zx look like crap! mines the same color at least whats with the jap mirrors? good luck with it all wish i could get a L20aet that cheap

Jp280' date=' nice Zed. Turbo?

Douglas[/quote']

will be when its finished, just got the bottom end back together a couple of weeks ago, got link engine management to run it and about to buy a trust turbo header out of japan, bit short of cash at the moment so everythings going a little slow :roll:

front%20bumper1.jpg

this is it in its current state

jeremy

where you from jp?

im in wellington, im keen to get out and meet up with others, maybe when i actually get the car back and going. it only takes a day to get from one end of the north island to the other :-D

but im sure it will take me a good couple of year to get it where i want it :-D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey jp280, where'd you get that front fasia? I saw a 280zx on a Yahoo Japan auction with a similar look, complete with side skirts and rear mold. It looks different that the ones here in the states; I don't think even the last years of the 280zx's looked like that... Maybe my eyes are decieving me.