HybridZ

Nicest Z 2.0

Guest zline

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not custom.

The red G-Nosed car is fitted with replicas of the Works "Type B" Airdam and Overfenders.

Nissan part numbers:

*62605-N3020 AIR SPOILER - FR

*63910-N3020 OVER FENDER - FR RH

*63911-N3020 OVER FENDER - FR LH

*78910-N3020 OVER FENDER - RR RH

*78911-N3020 OVER FENDER - RR LH

*98100-E8276 AIR SPOILER - RR ( 3 piece )

Combined with the 99090-N3075 UNDER GUARD KIT - FR full-length engine and trans belly pan, these made an effective aerodynamic upgrade for the G-Nose which was very effective in race use.

These were the second version of add-ons for the G-Nose ( the first spoiler / airdam and wider Overfender kit was nicknamed the "Type A" ) and were JAF homologated for Group 4 circuit race use in Japan. Once the Factory had built the parts and made them available to the general public through the Japanese 'Sports Option' parts lists, it allowed both the Works SCCN team and privateer teams to legally use them in Group 4.

Genuine original Factory / Works FRP body parts are now collectors items in Japan, and command very high prices when they come out of the woodwork.

Its still possible to find suppliers of the replica parts in Japan - but you won't like the prices or the cost to ship them..............

Alan T.

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

Mine won't, probably ever, but I'm ok with that. :D

we'll see about my next Z... after I get more cash... in 18 years when my kids thru skool...

is there a scariest or meanest z contest somewhere? :twisted:

BW

i know ill win "Z with nicer wheels then the car itself" yeah i win that contest..

i just took some pics of my wheels and my struts and coilovers but my digital camera JUST broke!... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mike

Guest thinkmonkey

Hmmm. It may be just me, but I don't think the JDM fairlady's are that pretty, watanabe's, zg's, fender mirrors, whatever. I think the Z's real styling strength is in it's clean lines and cab rearward look. The JDM's do a good job of accentuating the latter, but I don't know about the former. This red Z, which I praise constantly, is my favorite so far. He just needs to ditch the triangle, shave the rest of the side hardware, go back to the original side mirror, and possible fit a cleaner air dam setup up front. Really, I'm just crazy about the rear end. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.

323552384.jpg

3235RIMG0067-med.JPG

3235RIMG0053-med.JPG

3235RIMG0070-med.JPG

3235RIMG0004a-med.JPG

I love that car as well. We just finished putting the rear quarters of the subtle z kit on my car. The stock sheet metal on the rear end was in pretty rough shape. The guy helping me cut the whole back end out below the tail lights and Fabricated a new piece. We cut it out for duel exhausts just like the above car (duel exhaust one). I will post some pictures soon. I am very pleased with the way it has turned out.

Guest thinkmonkey

I would love to see those pictures. Is that flare set on the red car with the triangle the same as the Subtle Z flares? That is what I have suspected. Dual exhaust and a shaved rear valence, oooh baby.

-David

Thinkmonkey,

The red car's flares are more pronounced then the subtle z's when looking straight at the back end. Hopefully I can get my pics up here soon and you can see the difference.