HybridZ

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Help!! Turbo desicion...

Guest 1SickZ

Guest 1SickZ

i'm lost i have a 1984 300zx turbo with mods and i just purchased a 40 mm tial gate and a JWT 500 kit (4 bar i believe) and Nismo 555cc injectors and now i need a turbo im so lost i understand what each option is but not understanding what it will do for my car when combined.. I'm looking into a t/3-t/4 60-1 or 62-1 with a .63 or .82 on the hot side with a stage 5 wheel.. which should i do ???

looking for 400 + hp any experience or advice is much appreciated

VG30ET

Guest 1SickZ

Well after numerous calls today alot of ppl have changed my mind..

going with a t-61

7 blade / .63housing / .69 Trim stage 4 (-10clipped)

any thoughts? before i order this thing tue. morning.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I am taking off a TO4E from my brothers 88, it is a .60 trim with a stage III wheel. All the mods for a internal wastegate have been done the correct bend to clear the motor mount is taken care of and it fits real clean. He can sell you the set up as it stands and you will make 400+hp. If you would like to drop him a E mail I am sure he can send you pics of it on the car jcosta@ujet.com. Oh I can also upgrade it with a 60-1 wheel if you feel you need more flow. Use a 60-1 it out flows the 62 and the response will be better for your power curve. Good luck.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Your looking for more than 550hp, you will need a P exhust wheel with a .70 exhuast housing. I sell TSO4's T-58 to T-72 for $1,150.00 love to talk about your combination...good luck.

Guest 1SickZ

im looking for abt 500+ crank hp thats it.

so i decided to go with this 60-1 .63 housing and a stage 4 clipped -10 degrees making it almost identical to a p trim wheel.

no ?

Guest De Schmaydee

......might wanna save a little for drivetrain components....you'll be needin some spares....(lots of 'em)..........s

Guest 1SickZ

already been there i shredded 3 t-5's

installed the tranny out of a 88 SS shiro 300 almsot identical to a TT tranny.

now i need a rear end.

Guest De Schmaydee

.....havent heard of that one......is it stout?......jeffp was putting a tremec tko2 in his 82-3?.....but it was a real big deal.....dont know if he ever got it in or not.....this shiro300....will it fit in a 1st gen car?......i just rec'd my JWT upgrade......(also just put in a "brand new" T5).....i'm skeered to go over 300hp w/it....(if that much).....i have the 82zxt T5/r200 cv's....

thanks,

..............s

Be careful shifting the T5, most people overextend 3rd or 4th gear which causes problems. If you are lucky it just crunches going into gear, if you are unlucky, you get stuck in 4th gear.

I put a hurst shifter with adjustable stops for a mustang with a T5 in my ZXT and I like it. Very short throws, and bullet proof if you ask me.

I heard there was a place in Japan that had a bellhousing to attach a 300ZXTT trans to a L6. That would be a nice way to go as well.

I am going to go to an auto eventually. I hate having to shift, and want to be able to build boost from a dead stop, so I can leave hard like Scottie. :lol:

Guest De Schmaydee

.....a 5 speed in bumper3bumper is no fun at the end of a hard day.....i have other cars for that.....the z is just for fun.....i put a B&M pro-ripper on my T5 also......what a difference......really makes it "funner"......i'm not gonna drag race....but i'd like to be able to hit HARD if i wanted to.....and i'd like to be able to "use" the hp i can get from what i have bought......but i dont feel like i can (will be able to) w/a T5...of course i aint got it yet (the hp).....prbly dont need to worry 'bout that until i do.....

.....an automatic is definately the thang for drag racing a turbocar but i didnt think there were any of them (that would bolt up to an "L" engine)......that were that strong...... .......s