HybridZ

WHY Us Vs. THEM???

Mikelly

.Actually as for as me I agree with Mike. But it seems strange how age destroys memory.or was I the only one who took a ration of crap because his car was mostly engine and partly bailing wire? I think not!

Any how, putting the young guys down builds charictor. (I've worked real hard to get old enough to be an uptight old fart. and I'm gonna enjoy it) :D

One other thing, I really loved the early big block, tri power GTOs They made a lot of the payments on my Hemi Charger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 79Datsun280zx

Im only 18 and am growing up in the rice age, iv never liked them. I didnt even want anything to do with imports until i fell in love with a 79 280zx. Before that it was Classic V-8 muscle or nothing. I still laugh when i see or hear rice, but iv almost considered blue neon to light up my intercooler. So i guess im kinda inbetween now, i just cant wait to finish my Z :D Its my dream to have someone in riced up civic laugh at my Z before i leave him in the dust at a light. :-D When i got my first Z i was overtaken by some ricer with my poorly runing n/a engine with an automatic. I think i owe the local ricer comunity some payback :twisted:

• 6 months later...
Guest kustom240

Okay, I'm 21, and the first car I got was a '94 Integra my parents bought me. Why? Because it has air bags, etc. and did well with crash test ratings. My mother had 2 accidents in 2 months from stupid drivers, and she is pro- airbag. I liked the car in spite of the fart can and clear turn signal ligts. The car had a 5-speed and was also fun for "conquering the mountain passes!!!!" haha, well maybe not, but it was a fun car to take a midnight drive in. I also used to enjoy spanking those people who thought their car was modded, but they had the stock, fuel-efficient transmission or didn't know how to shift. Heck, one of my buddies was driving their parents' Durango, and I floogged it in 3rd, and he answereed. Well, he wasn't smart enough to try and shift it down before doing so. I handed him his @$$. Contrary to some people's thoughts, skill (or at least common sense) can still whup raw HP. Mind you I was smart enough NOT to rev against some guy with a tuned z28 or even an NSX.

Another thing I enjoyed was the gas mileage. I mean, 30mpg versus a 15mpg gas guzzler, when gas costs @2.50/gallon. This is like a buy-one get-one free sale on gas! Yay! I can save money for the Z car! Oh yeah, did I mention the car was FREE to me? More money saving!

My buddy has one of those new Neon SRT-4s, boost controller, suspension, etc. He also has the body kit, etc. on it too. The thing rides nice, and with a stock 220hp and now he's raising his boost, he could whup those form-over-function ricers. It's his commuter car, but he won't street race it. He only auto-x races it. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and on the point of the CRX? It's one of the lightest cars out there. 1600lbs, that's like 3/5 or 60% of the weight of even the 240z. A turbo'd b18 CRX.. Those cars can LAUNCH. Besides, 20 years ago there was a comprable car... what was it? oh yeah. The DATSUN 510.

As a matter of fact, I think it was datsun with the budget-minded sports car that created the whole craze, which has evolved into it's present form( read RICE). It's kind of funny how it revolves. 20-30 years from now, kids will be doing who-knows-what. Something like, sticking a ls2 into a supra, or sticking an rx-7 engine into a CRX or somethin' might become commonplace. And you'll look back on your old tin box of a car and wish you'd saved it for 20 years, since it's worth a bunch of money now. Well, only time will tell =D

I'm probably going to be flamed for this one. =D

Mikelly for president.

I know who my write in candidate is. ;)

His original speech about 1500 posts ago really reminded me of the reasons behind America itself. It's the drive to be different and the consequenses of it. This site is like a melting pot but at the same time not excluding those who are not of our beliefs (as long as they behave). It wouldn't make a good country but as a message board it's just fine. IMHO.

Mikelly,

When you are president, before you invade China, let's make sure we have enough allies to win the war. Thanks.

Guest kustom240
Mikelly for president..

When you are president' date=' before you invade China, let's make sure we have enough allies to win the war. Thanks.[/quote']

Why don't we do raid Japan and get a bunch of cool Z parts instead?

Guest 260ondubs

A lot has been said here.

I live in Australia and it seems to me that the ricer thing is a whole lot more prominent over there where you all are.

I personally hate rice.

I also hate the attitude that has been discussed here about the ricers and thinking they are fast.

There is a big gap between the old-school way of doing things and the wa it's done today.

Looking cool and fast is what matters to most. They are the ricers and shouldn't be applauded for doing so. They just need some education.

And if it comes down to the budget thing, then they shouldn't try and have a fast car til they can afford it.

Vanity is a bad thing.

It seems that everyone's minds have been opening lately... I used to get strange looks from people when I told them I wanted to put an SR20DET into an old Datsun. That was a few years ago, when the SR was a lot less prominent in the racing world, and everyone thought it was pointless.

Well, then there's the Hybrid Z guys who are all about V8's and such... assuming that a 4 cylinder cannot make good power. This sentiment has been dying down over the past couple years, though... but I still hear it sometimes.

Now here it is 2004, and I am starting my Z project. I've received very little negative feedback on it. Usually, everyone is very supportive and can't wait to see what I will do with this car. It's nice in this forum, because everyone is open minded about engine swaps. As long as you don't get caught up in the "V8's only" mentality...

I'm escaping from the young ricer world by moving out of my 240sx (which used to be a cult car, and typically only raced by older guys) and into a 240z (you know who drives these) I love the Z, but I cannot give up on my 400hp powerplant. (my SR20DET)

So, I will make a rocket out of my little 4 banger Z... if you don't like it, oh well. If you do, glad you do. I'm building it for me. :-D

I think I am the most open minded person I know when it comes to swapping engines and such in cars... I love to see it in anything. Just the engineering that goes into a fast car is enough to impress me.

As far as the ricer kids... I laugh at them, but I don't rag on them. They're young. They will grow out of it. Many of us came up from something like that. (although I always tried to keep it tasteful)

So, HybridZ, thank you for the great technical info, and accepting my ideas without ridiculing me for engine choice. :)

Guest kustom240

I personally hate rice.

Yeah. I totally agree with you. I hate that kids have initative towards cars. I mean' date=' what're they thinking? And they think that boosting a 4-cyl car can and will give them 400hp? They must be..er.. [u']CORRECT[/u].

You know what I personally hate, 260 on "dubs" ?? I hate bling. People out there with nothing better to do with their money then put heavy chromed (or worse, gold) wheels on their escalades that get 30 miles to the gallon. Or worse, someone who does the same to their Z car and turns it into a "pimp machine." The Z wasn't made to be a 4000lb, chromed out nightmare that has to be polished every 5 minutes.

I also hate the attitude that has been discussed here about the ricers and thinking they are fast.

Some people that you might think are "ricers" actually might blow the doors of your blinged Z. Especially cars like the talon tsi or such. First' date=' the 4wd will get you out of the hole. Then, the turbo will kick in, leaving you in the dust. Finally, if you think you're going to beat it past 100mph, well, you've either done some thourough modifications to your car, or are really stupid (z cars don't handle higher speeds too well.)

There is a big gap between the old-school way of doing things and the wa[sic] it's done today.

That's right. The way it's done today is much more high-tech. Today you get more bang for the cc. It's not about how large your engine is. That's left to people with insecurities about the size of their penis. I think everyone can agree when I say it's not about the size of your engine, it's about how fast it puts you through (0-60, 1/8mi, 1/4mi.)

if it comes down to the budget thing' date=' then they shouldn't try and have a fast car til they can afford it.[/quote']

What's this!?!!?

'Extra Information:

I work hard for little money, all to put towards my car. But I just can''t help but love the little thing when I see it''s smiling face!"

That's from ... wait a minute... THAT'S FROM YOUR OWN PROFILE!!! *hssst* BURNED!!

Vanity is a bad thing.

Well said!!

Guest tobias86

I have been with hybridz for a while now but this is my first post. so here we go. I too do not like the ricers me being 18 i did go through the rice age for about a year. But that was cause of my brother.

Yeah. I totally agree with you. I hate that kids have initative towards cars. I mean, what're they thinking? And they think that boosting a 4-cyl car can and will give them 400hp? They must be..er.. CORRECT.

That I found that funny cause my brother has a 410 HP 1994 civic dx turbo'd. I do not put down the part of the rice community that actually know what they are doing. I do actually give them cudos if they do know how to do this. The part of the rice community that will spend money on stickers that they don't even have and performance parts from, are the rice community that i do not like. There are some in the community that know what they are doing. I and my brother are part of them. If u can get ur ricer to stop a vette then I am actually give you cudos. I geuss the part of the ricw community that gets me is the are I live in. I tend to see lots of stickers.

All I am saying is just don't underestimate some of the ricers for what the other who have no idea what they are doing.

One last thing. Would a 280 with an RB26dett be considered a ricer cause it is an all nissan/datsun car.

hehe my last wrong wheel drive car was my maxima, stomping C4 vettes and stuff like modified irocs 5.0 mustangs dsms and all sorts of other stuff was much much fun, but its more fun pulling 5-10 car lengths on a g35 in my Z just cuz i had to learn how to wring every little ounce of power out of the maxima to make it fast. i love not having to give it full throttle to go fast:)

I am a new member, however I have been around hot rods, drag racing and customs cars when you could put together a 460 ci Ford Galaxie and drag race at Carlsbad or race for pink slips on Mulholland (hope I spelled correctly). My father taught me several things about working on cars. First, engine and drivetrain comes before cosmetics, and second if you do half a$$ effort and work it will reflect in the workmanship in the end. If you are a CAR GUY, you can appreciate anything from a Detomaso Pantera, Mopar Road Runner and yes also Hondas. But you gotta love the Datsun Z Hybrid or not !!!!!!

If you are a CAR GUY, you can appreciate anything from a Detomaso Pantera, Mopar Road Runner and yes also Hondas. But you gotta love the Datsun Z Hybrid or not !!!!!!

I agree, I personally prefer RWD I guess that is why I love old-school cars (guess it also due to my age, 33, when most cool cars were RWD and FWD were only new or very very small and not all that cool). Don't like Bling either. The only mags you can get these days seem to be bling and FWD offset (unless you look hard and have more $$).

The fast 4's sence here in NZ is big and there are some very very quick 1/4ml and circuit cars now days and the kits/mods for ricers is hugh. I wish the Z and other old-school had this kind of aftermarket kit here in NZ.

You've got to love this site though - there are not many other sites where you can talk about putting a V8, V10, V12, Rotary, V6, Inline 4, modern inline 6, turbo or N/A anything from any make into same kind of car without a flaming.

You've got to love this site though - there are not many other sites where you can talk about putting a V8' date=' V10, V12, Rotary, V6, Inline 4, modern inline 6, turbo or N/A anything from any make into same kind of car without a flaming.[/quote']

the guys at the machine shop think im nuts because of all my ideas like that, yet another reason to love hybridz!