HybridZ

L20 turbo head

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to be building up an L28 turbo soon from parts I have at the moment, does anybody know whether the L20 turbo head has the same combustion chamber size as an N42? I know the compression ratio of the engine is 7.something:1 but I have no idea about the head. I'm sure it has heart shaped combustion chambers, I'll know definitely on Tuesday when I pull the head off.

The plan at the moment is for an N/A L28 block, L20 turbo head, L20 turbo and exhaust manifold, L28 injectors and inlet manifold, L20 turbo computer, and a modified L28 sump.

You could figure it out mathmatically if you know the piston dish, c.r., displacement/6, and the ring land-head gasket thickness volume (this one could be tough, 6.75cc should be close for this). DAW

Guest Anonymous

Yeah :) only problem is I don't know most of them. I've got the head off now and it does have heart shaped combustion chambers, the inlet ports are quite a bit smaller. The engine has dished pistons aswell.

I found out the reason why the head seemed to be leaking water aswell, there was a head bolt that had been snapped in half and the top half was lying inside the head with the washer next to it, somebody must have taken it apart before and not even tried to fix it.

All the pistons look good though, funny 'cause I though I would have broken one on 15 - 20psi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...