HybridZ

AWD Z site found

Thanks James. You helped me with an idea I was working through. BTW, I think that was the drag car that used the HKS manual clutch adjuster,(for the front to rear distribution).

Remember that when I show the final of my project....

-Bob

Guest zline

its just making it look like that thats the hard part i guess...

looks like something you'd see in thailand

like a E30 BMW with a 400hp SR20DET in it. (sorry thats totally off topic)

Guest Zachb55

hmm, if only i had a Skyline to rip apart to transfer into my Z, wait, are those guys crazy or am i just way too in love with skylines? because if it were me i'd say screw the z and take the skyline and spend all the money from that swap to maybe buy a nice turbo setup for the car. well i guess that's dreaming cause i would never have that money anyhow... but still, those guys must see way too much skyline cause i just couldnt bring myself to gut one, unless i already had a nice one, then i would make a killer Z like that. I want to see it run!!! hey stony, this might sound really stupid, cause i dont know how possible, or impossible this may seem, but would transfering a Skyline or maybe Supra, or any car who's rear-end can take a good beating, into a Z be an option? because i want to go a similar route as you, and i guess im going to learn from your mistakes and do what you have found to be successful. i would like to start off with the rear end that can handle the power, not break three getting there, sortof like you have, sadly. well keep trooping man, you could always just swap a custom made Z Car shell onto a skyline, im sure that wouldnt break :wink:

-Zach

more then likely they cut up a crashed skyline... they are pretty easy to fing in japan. If i go as far as swap another rear i will go with a nine inch. It will be about the same amount of work. alittle more expensive but it will be done and i wont have to worry about it breaking ;>

• 2 years later...

I know someone who made an AWD 240sx. Last time I saw it everything was mounted and he was bleeding the ATESSA (or whatever it is), shortly after that he posted a video of it on a dyno to prove that it worked (apparently otherwise people would not believe him).

What I remember him doing was cutting the strut towers out of the skyline and welding them into the 240sx and bolting in the crossmember. I have no idea how the rest of it worked.

• 3 weeks later...

That was Fairlady motors. Doug is a good guy, he has done a bit of work on my car, and some on my sisters old Z.

I went by there last week, he was working on some pretty neat stuff, mostly later stuff now (moving away from z cars, but there was a turbo SBF S30 that looked nice.