HybridZ

LS1 question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

is the ls1 super expensive to build? i can get a 00 ls1 block for $550, but dont want to jump in over my head. also, i have to change bellhousing on my lt1 t56 right? please advise. thanks nic

Guest Anonymous

The input shafts are diffent sized? I didn't know that. I know the LS1 has an extra bolt hole hence the LT1 T56 wouldn't work, wasn't sure if a bellhousing change would do it. Hmmm, learn something new everyday... :D

Regards,

Lone

Ps: I agree, I'm guessing here, but due to the lower numbers of LS1's (and therefore less demand for a huge number of parts), I'm sure it would be much more costly to build up than say a LT1 or older SBC.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dominic:

well after browsing tru summit catalog, i couldnt find any stuff for ls1. so i guess ill scrap that plan.thanks guys

DON'T SCRAP THE PROJECT YET! Just don't start from the block. True, LS1 stuff is expensive. However, hunt ebay or auctions and get a complete motor and mated trans.

I saw and rode ine Lone's car. ZOOOOOOM! Awesome! Save your pennies. I bought a totalled WS6 Trans Am. It was a 2001 with less than 9000 miles. I paid $4500, parted out many things, and so far my cost is down to $3000. Soon to be $2500.

Good luck! The swap is not easy, but I'm having a blast dreaming of solutions.

Guest Anonymous

the ls1 wont bolt to my lt-1 t56 will it? im not willing to scrap that trans just for the ls1. i could build enuf power from any sbc chev to give an ls1 a go right?