rc's240z

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

More Photos are uploaded:

Fuel cell and bulkhead installed, chassis stitch welding done, seat brackets fabricated and installed, Wink mirror brackets welded and installed, Fiberglass dash trimed to fit around roll cage and test fit. Brackets for seat belts, door bars and some misc items to be welded up and we are off to the body shop!!

Apointment set for the body shop to start is Feb 23rd...

I have inlcuded a few photos below or go to: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=932&cat=500 and sort by "latest".

932P1010097.JPG

932P1010094.JPG

Looks real good, I'm so jealous of that dash. I just hope you don't get bit by the body shop turnaround time. Most prioritize insurance collision claims first, and only work on the other stuff just to keep busy. Nothing like waiting for 2 or 3 months for a relativley simple job, and then have to rush to complete the car in time.

Phil

• 3 months later...
The dashes are available for sale' date=' PDK fabrications are taking orders for them, and should be shipping on a regular basis soon.

I was concerned about the same thing and have a private party doing the body work, and paint prep.[/quote']

I put my name on the waiting list months and months ago, but haven't heard a peep.....'sup wid dat? :twisted::shock:

PDK has been working on the mold for some time, but have not been able to focus on it as much as they would like. There are about 25 people on the waiting list.

The mold has required an extensive amount of modification so that we can extract the dash without destroying the mold.

If you were at MSA this year I was there with my car and it's fiberglass dash...

Now that my car is in the paint shop PDK will be able to focus on getting the dash done and ready for prime time.

Thanks for your patience.

Guest vegeta

that is such a GREAT project!!

I'm jealous. my dad has that old copy of Road and Track with the #46 car on the cover (along with a bunch of other vintage car mags). i read that article about ten times just drooling over that car. very cool. :D

Preith,

I hope so. There are so many things still left to be done. I will probably have it put together but not in running order for the show...

I was really hoping to drive it at the track day, but I just dont see that as a reality at this point due to several delays pushed back getting the car to the paint shop. I know that the paint guys are working on it to get it back to me ASAP, but I don't feel that it is right to rush getting the car done at the last minute so that it can be driven at the convention. I would prefer to put the time and effort into getting it right at this point.

At this point I have to note that PDK Fabrication has busted their butt to get this car to this point, and these guys have really put their heart, and expert skills to task to get this car done. they have built this car right and as quickly as humanly possible. This would not have been possible without their tireless efforts.

Sweet! The brackets at on the bottom left (looking from the front), are they for the oil cooler? If so your really staying true to the original . I remember seeing some pics of the BRE where the opening was shared by both the cooler and radiator, which was a condensed Corvette unit. I'm sure you already know all of this, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Guest zline

NICE RON!!

its going to come out so sweet once its finished!!

congradulations on getting this far at such a nice pace.. you can do it man!!

• 2 weeks later...