HybridZ

The Ultimate Turbo FAQ/Beginners Guide

Drax240z

Ive got a 1974 260z, im using the 260 head on a bored out 280z block.

im using a 4 barrel intake conversion from bob sharp racing with a 600cfm holley carb. i want to put a turbo, or a centrifical super charger on it but Im not sure if it can handle it? with it being carburated. Ive seen it done on v8's but i cant find any thing on the L28 being carburated with forced induction.

THANKS lilesrebel

I had a Z shop back in the 80 in turbo Toms hay day. His cars where very fast but also just as unreliable. Talk with some of the supercharge MFG and get advice from them and also talk with Holley. They will be your best for info.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

hey drax this is a very well put together article, it explains allot of possibilities and were to get alot of stuff which is what we are looking for. i give you a 10 out of 10 the whole way. im getting ready to buy a 1981 280zx from my girl friends dad and i dont have a clue what has been done to it or what the engines shape is because i only seen the outside of it, im currently in afghanistan and when were not doing convoys or other random stuff i usually sit on this web site looking stuff up to do to it and i would have to say this is the best put together list i have seen on this site. thank you very much!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...