HybridZ

P90 Head Porting realizations

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikko74z

All the fuss and no results?? This was just getting good. What do you need to keep this going. I want to know what full out flow for a p-90 is. Drop me a line and we will go from there.Later.

Nikko

Guest JAMIE T

Guys, This stuff takes time. I know he said the guy would call him Thursday. But, that sounded optimistic at best. I have put over 40 real hours in a single cylinder head before. That was just porting time, not including flow bench testing. I'm sure James will post the results as soon as he gets them.

i have a question couldn't you just replace the valve guides to better ones?I think msa has some better ones that wear better than the stock.Just a question cuz i was thinking of just using an old head i have here and porting the crap out of it and replacing the guides for better ones and trying it on a test motor.I think we have a guy here that can flow test it but i think he will charge an arm and a leg plus he's not an import guy v8's all the way for him so he'll prolly look at me funny :)I'm anxious to see what james comes up with.

after spending many, many hours grinding away at my n42 head with a die grinder and now seeing this page I feel like i missed evolution or something.

The head slicing pics are a engineering delight.

I agree with the request for the n42 head pics , that will very handy for the auzzies here--p90 heads in oz are extremely rare.

A quick question..how does these flow figures affect a NA motor with a mild cam --ie 270 or 280 degree with 490 thou lift....Will it make a worthwhile gain???

keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Just stumbled across this thread. Just to be sure, are we talking 290cfm per port, or for the intake side of the head?

What are the stock numbers?

• 2 weeks later...