HybridZ

Moderators and Administrators on a short fuse

Drax240z

I want to commend all the moderators and admins that keep this site great. I think being tough on offenders is the only way to keep the site the way we all want it. No BS, just the facts. This truly is a great technical resource, which is so hard to find these days.

I watched a cheezy show on Speed the other night (Tuner Transformations). They wanted to turn a 240SX into a high performance drift car. They showed them hoisting the Ka24 out, and in the next frame they are polishing the SR20DET valve cover installed in the 240SX. Oh yea, it's that easy! This is so indicative of the kind of technical reporting done out there. No one wants to actually talk technical details, becasue they are afraid of scaring readers/viewers away. Here at HybridZ, I'm sure we scare away plenty.

Being a long time internet user, I'm convinced this is the best technical source I've found. I also think the forum organization is perfect just the way it is. All engines should be represented here, including Nissan.

Keep up the good work,

Pete Sanders

Internet Z Car Club #55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for being here guys!

Just take a tour of the internet and you will see that nothing out there holds a candle to this site planning and construction. I know everyone can see all the effort and work you have done on this site over the years!

GIRLFRIEND

Yes, Lynn and I separated back in May 2003 and the divorce was final at the end of that year. We're still friends, in fact Lynn and my girlfriend (Floris) threw me my 11th birthday party last Sunday. Kinda odd to have your ex-wife AND your girlfriend throwing you a party.

GIRLFRIEND

Yes, Lynn and I separated back in May 2003 and the divorce was final at the end of that year. We're still friends, in fact Lynn and my girlfriend (Floris) threw me my 11th birthday party last Sunday. Kinda odd to have your ex-wife AND your girlfriend throwing you a party.

I dunno...that would scare me!! :shock::wink: Glad things are looking good!! Will the new 'doll' be at the gathering on saturday?

CHOKE! :lol:

Come on Richard you can do better than that.... John left you all that material and you CHOKE???

Maybe the owner of the weasel, 'er Moosgoose can help you out there...

John, You are a man who loves danger... :shock:

Mike :lol: 8)

OTTO: Oh! Danger? There’s no danger! Men! [drum march] Impressive, eh?

BRIAN: Yes.

OTTO: Oh, yes! We are a thoroughly trained suicide squad.

BRIAN: Oh.

OTTO: Oh, yes! We can commit suicide within twenty seconds.

BRIAN: Twenty seconds?

OTTO: You don’t believe me?

OTTO: I think you question me.

BRIAN: No, no, no.

OTTO: I can see you do not believe me.

BRIAN: No, no. I do.

OTTO: Enough! I’ll prove it to you. Squad!

JUDEAN PEOPLE’S FRONT: Hail, Leader!

OTTO: Commit... suicide!

CAPTAIN: Two. Three. One! Two. Three. One! Two. Three. One! Two. Three. One!

J.P.F.: [groaning]

OTTO: See?

OTTO: I think now you’ll believe me. Yes?

BRIAN: Yes. Very impressive.

OTTO: I think now I prove it to you, huh? No danger at all!

OTTO: All dead.

BRIAN: Ye--

OTTO: Not one living. He’s dead... and he’s dead. See? I tread on him. He’s dead... and he’s dead... and he’s dead. They’re all dead. All dead good Jewish boys. No foreigners! But their names will live forever!

Helmut, Johnny,... the little guy,... the-- er-- the other fat one. Their names will live eventually forever. [sniff]

J.P.F: [p-p-p-p-p]

OTTO: Wait a minute. [sniff] There’s somebody here who’s not dead. There’s somebody here who is only pretending to be dead. Stand up, you.

J.P.F: Oow!

J.P.F: A-ha.

OTTO: Who said ‘ow’?!

J.P.F: Uhhlm.

OTTO: You’re not dead either. Neither are you! Stand up! Stand up. You’re not dead. Ah-- Eh-- Oh, my heck! Stand up! Stand up, all of you! Oh, my heck, is there not even one dead?!

HELMUT: No, sir. Not one.

OTTO: Why not?!

HELMUT: We thought it was a practise, sir.

OTTO: But all the bleeding and the groaning?

HELMUT: Little secreted sheeps’ bladders, sir.

OTTO: Oh-- Oh, my cock! Sheeps’ bladders?!

HELMUT: Yes.

OTTO: You are sour! A non-Semitic, mutinous, racially impure, cloth-eared bunch of Roman-lovers!

HELMUT: Stumm, stumm, stumm. Sorry, sir.

OTTO: Tomorrow, as a punishment, you will all eat... pork sausages!

J.P.F.: [groaning]

HELMUT: Oh, no.

OTTO: Now-- All right. Tell ze Leader that we are ready to die for him ze moment he gives the sign.

BRIAN: What sign?

OTTO:

The sign that is the sign. That shall be the sign. Men! Forward! [drum march]

J.P.F.: [singing]

There’s a man we call our Leader.

He’s fine and strong and brave,

And we’ll follow him unquestioning

Towards an early grave.

He-e gives us hope of sacrifice

And a chance to die in vain,

And if we’re one of the lucky ones,

We’ll live to die again.

BRIAN: Silly bugger.

:shock: I've just witnessed another episode of the "Hybrid-Zone". How can this get any more bizarre than having an 11 year old man-child boy-racer bring tears to my eyes. Time to go into my garage and sit in the Blueovalz and contemplate my current standing in life once again.

I fully support you in Administrating and Moderating to whatever extent necessary. As you stated, the rules are clearly stated.

I moved here more recently to escape "unmoderated" forums where people were content to be unconstructive.

I know this site is moderated, and choose to come here specifically because it is strictly moderated. If you choose to have a "short fuse" I accept any reason (or lack thereof) you choose to use to moderate the site as you all see fit. I only come here to learn. Whatever promotes efficient exchange in your eyes, I accept. If I have a problem with it I am free to leave, or at least let someone know in a constructive way of any suggestions I may have.

Appropriate forums exist for off-topic stuff, us techno-geeks deserve our last refuge...

No chance of making this a text-only 2400-baud friendly old style BBS exchange is there? :lol:

This site is called "Hybrid Z", not "V8 Z". That's nice that it started out as primarily v8 people, but we have since evolved. Change is good. Removing some of the topics that are Hybrid Z related sounds like a ridiculous idea. The more Hybrid Z related topics we can have, the better. Even a Z car sound system forum topic would be a good idea. The stock sound setup is horrible. Sharing ideas about speaker positioning, modding the interior to accomodate sound equiptment, etc. would be useful. Let's keep evolving into the best Hybrid Z site out there. I plan on doing the v8 swap one day, but don't trim down to an archaic, v8 only site. Keep up the awesome job of keeping idiots out. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not wealthy so my Z car project is taking a few years. And I'm almost illiterate about computers. So when I come to a point in my project where I need some help, this is the place. I don't come that often but when I do, it's great not to have some idiot insuating what an idiot I am for asking a stupid question. You guys keep up the GREAT work!