HybridZ

a few conversion questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys,

Please don't banish me for this, but......

although I have the sbc and 700r4 in my garage it is going to take some time before they get in the car. Meanwhile I still have the L28. Ok, what I want to do is all the misc things required for the conversion first to keep the car on the road as long as possible. So my questions are....

1.Can I install the electric fuel pump while I have the L6? If so, what size/brand for a mild 305?

2. Does the use of the 700r4 require modification of the console and what type of shifter should I get?

3. I am planning on getting a 600cfm edelbrock carb, should I go manual choke or electric?

Any answers, to all or part, are very appreciated. Thanks, jer.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Jerry F:

1.Can I install the electric fuel pump while I have the L6? If so, what size/brand for a mild 305?

> A Holley "red" pump is plenty for the 305 but won't feed a FI L28.

2. Does the use of the 700r4 require modification of the console and what type of shifter should I get?

>It will require a "dimple" in the pass. side of the tunnel toward the front. The factory shifter can be modified by removing and rewelding the shifter rod arm to the other side and by cutting a notch futher down at the end of the shift "pattern" so the shifter can be pulled into 1st gear. Use a stiff piece of rod to the trans as it is very long and will flex if it isn't pretty heavy.

3. I am planning on getting a 600cfm edelbrock carb, should I go manual choke or electric?

>I've always used no choke so I can't answer this one .

Richard

------------------

I can't tell the future but I can take a hint.-Webb Wilder