HybridZ

Water Pump (Short vs. Long)

Guest jwelch

I have a Kar Kooler aluminum water pump (short) that I would like to put on my early 70s 350 engine. The bolt pattern and passages align with no problems.

When I first purchased the car it had a Morosso (short) electric pump with 1/4" adapators which extended it past the timing cover.

It looks as though the engine must need a long pump on it because the aluminum one is hitting the timing cover.

Does anyone know the length differences and if anyone makes an adaptor to mount the short pump?

Thanks!

It is very wise to not use a short pump. it looks nice all snuggled onto the engine but when it comes time to find alternator brackets for the car, you're sh!t out of luck. It took me about 6 months to realize that there's just no easy way to do it. so I ordered a new long pump and sold the brand new short one on eBay.

It is very wise to not use a short pump. it looks nice all snuggled onto the engine but when it comes time to find alternator brackets for the car, you're sh!t out of luck. It took me about 6 months to realize that there's just no easy way to do it. so I ordered a new long pump and sold the brand new short one on eBay.
ditto