HybridZ

1JZGTE VVTi conversion

Guest 1JZGTEVVTi

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1JZGTEVVTi

Hey Majik, where did you get your 1JZ, and what did you pay for it. I'm trying to find the best price, and mostly I'm picking up somewehre in the $3500 dollar range. It can be half cut or not, I dont really care at this point.

Guest 1JZGTEVVTi

I figured JARCO was the way to go, now I only have a few things to do, like locate a rolling chassis Z, and save up enough for the clip. By the way, talking about a rolling chassis Z, does anyone know where I could find one, besides on this website? I'm gonna guess EBAY, but if anyone knows a company that sells rolling chassis it would be appreciated. I'm not looking for high quality bodywork either, just no rust HOLES. Rust is no big deal, but I'd like to find one without underbody rust, and it can have body rust, as long as it is surface rust.

Got a reply from Ben, he said it appeared briefly in Serious Performance 5 when he took it to Wakefield Park Raceway. He said at the time it had no LSD and the shocks were stuffed, so it was wheel spinning and bouncing its way around the track, but it was still about the fastest thing there. He said he was breezing by the GT-Rs on the straight! :2thumbs:

Serious Business were apparently going to do a more involved feature on the car, but the opportunity never came up. oh well...

waiting impatiently for the vid now!

awesome, yah like i said, its only in there for a second. I may e-mail you in a few days, if Ben actually built the car, id love to pick his brain about it since im going to be dropping a pretty sick 1jz in mine, although im sure that wont be till a year or so from now, i need to get the rest of the car straight. but it would be nice to get some info.

Im sure it did fly by most everything, i dont see why it wouldnt, light car with good suspension geometries and a power band thats lightning quick and smooth plus make really nice power... I dont even really have to sell it, im doing it.

Rocco's performance (in Sydney) actually did most of the work on the car.

Glad to hear you've got plans for a 1JZ :-) I still cop hell from my zed buddies about doing the transplant...but its gonna be worth it in the end :-D

awesome' date=' yah like i said, its only in there for a second. I may e-mail you in a few days, if Ben actually built the car, id love to pick his brain about it since im going to be dropping a pretty sick 1jz in mine, although im sure that wont be till a year or so from now, i need to get the rest of the car straight. but it would be nice to get some info.

Im sure it did fly by most everything, i dont see why it wouldnt, light car with good suspension geometries and a power band thats lightning quick and smooth plus make really nice power... I dont even really have to sell it, im doing it.[/quote']

• 4 years later...

Hi i'm roughly new and i found this on google. Majik i'm planning on buying an sc soon and was roughly considering a 2jz until i read on 2jzswap.com that they were planning on putting a 1jzgte vvti into an rx7. Though i have read that you disagree with the vvti i would like to further discuss the jz motor if possible. if this is a possibility please let me know, thanx.

• 5 months later...
Guest daboom

I would just like clear up and clarify a few things stated earlier on. Firstly the VVT-i and standard 1JZ engine blocks are identical. the only difference is how the head is cast, and even that is nearly identical. the first and main difference is the addition of an oil pressure valve that can control the advance or retardation of the timing by using a worm gear connected to the cam shaft. (hence the reason why you can't put aftermarket camshafts and cam gears on the INTAKE side only, they can be put on the exhaust side). and secondly, the turbo is not a CT26, it is infact a highly revised version of the Celica GT-Four and Turbo MR2 turbo, of which being a CT-20. they have strengthened the internals of the turbo, although it is still ceramic coated, and sleeve bearing, i have had my turbo running at 19 PSI, however it does lose its effency at around 15 PSI. The main thing to upgrade if you are going to be keeping the car stock is a Tomei Expreme manifold, which is a direct replacement for the factory turbo, and does make torque come on approximately 200 or so RPM lower. to my soarer running an R154 and VVT-i system, i have cracked 240rwHP at 13PSI. the only mods i have done are Exhaust (4" from turbo into 2 3" pipes after the cat), pod filter and front mount. that is it. hope i have helped and clarifed a few things.