HybridZ

HELP! Is this a good price for an LS1 engine?

I just recently won a bid on ebay for a 2000 C5 Corvette LS1 engine. It has 30,000 miles on it and comes with everything except the driveshaft and tranny. Only problem was that the reserve price was never met and I ended up offering the company $3500 for it. They responded stating that $3800 is their asking price. Is it worth it?

Here it is...

ls1.jpg

What do you think???

Thanks

-Vann

if it comes with everthing in the engine compartment that hooks to the engind, all wireing and the ecu that $3880 is a good deal, if they leave off parts it may not be, and while your talking to them ask them how much for the trans and rear suspension, (you might get a super combo deal)

That's way too high for just the engine - especially with that mileage. (BTW, a C5 transmission won't do you any good - it's rearmounted)

The guy I bought my LS1 from has another one forsale on ebay right now (username ls1_z28 I think). It's an LS1 with T56 all inclusive. I had a good experience with him. He's in SouthCarolina.

Oh, since you're in Texas, check the LS1.com and LS1tech.com parts classifieds. I think there's always at least one engine/trans combo forsale in Texas on those boards at any given moment.

Engine comes with everything I need to hook it up. I'm buying the tranny and having a driveshaft fabricated seperately. The tranny is for a C5 which wouldn't work (already mentioned) and I've already got an r200 diff. I think it's a great deal for what it is, and it'll be one hell of a project. Any other opinions before I commit? Thanks for all the info.

--Vann

I'd hold out. Look at this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1839219762

1999 LS1 engine with t56 six speed transmission. This combo is from a 99 Z28 Camaro with 28,105 miles. Included are all accessories(except power steering pump), computer, and engine wiring harness. MAF sensor is not shown in pictures but is included. Clutch master cylinder is not included. The high bidder will have the option to have the computer reprogrammed for an additional $250.The computer can be reprogrammed with the VATS (vehicle anti-theft system) deleted and unwanted emission items can be deleted if legal in your state or for off road use. Engine has been cranked and runs excellent. Buyer to pay actual shipping charges by truck freight. Reasonable shipping rates available.
and the "Buy it Now" price is $3900.00

If only I had the cash right now. :(