HybridZ

302 standard bore size?

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

Ok... can be bored .060 over... for me there will be no critical racing though..

actualy if I am going to use it, then I plan on using a carbuerated setup on a 302.

wow 13's in stock trim at that weight...dam thats good!!!

So as far as the crossmember, it's a very tight fit but will work...?

Hi Dan, I just saw this post, been busy, actually still am...

anyway, I have a front sump 302 and I did clearence the crossmember some... I ground off the "lip" along the bottom and welded it together. That was because I think my engine sits lower than others. BTW, I could've mounted the engine further back 1/2" and have cleared the crossmember but then I'd have to pull the engine to R&R the clutch so I didn't. I'm talking with Stephs(sp?) about building a custom pan that has the side "wings" angled back in the front for crossmember clearance. If the cost is okay I'll go with it and let you guys know how much etc. I don't think you need it but I'll feel better with the baffling and windage and extra oil. If it's cost prohibitive I'll just go with a windage tray. I think I have about 1/8" clearance right now between the pan and the crossmember. If you want more you can always clearance the pan some if it makes you feel better. I haven't had any problems with the 1/8" clearance though. sorry for the random thoughts but it's late.

night all.