HybridZ

LS-1/T-56 Update #3

Not a lot this week. The tabs in the engine bay that hold all the little things associated with the L28 had their spot welds drilled out and they were removed. The car arrived at the body shop Friday afternoon so it is now under reconstruction in the engine bay area. Welding up the holes and grinding them clean today. Degrease the entire engine bay and clean up the miscellaneous paint damage, battery acid crap, etc. The ground effects on the front and a small ding in the leading edge of the hood are also getting repaired. Car should be ready for the trip back to the engine garage by the end of next week. Also got the old engine, transmission and R200 sold so that cash will cover the body work. Things are moving, albeit slowly, at least they're moving. No more deconstruction now. After this week it will be the slow installation, modification, etc. to get the new drivetrain in.

Thanks for the encouragement Pete. I've been mulling this whole thing over for about 5 years now and it's a bit nerve-wracking seeing my ride of ten years now gutted and vital organs sold off.

I know I'll be flying high (low?) once it's done but the process is a bit daunting. I've been a project engineer for nearly 20 years now and I'm used to taking on some pretty heavy "opportunities to overcome" so I know I'll get there. I just hate all the unknowns that raise their ugly heads and aggravate things for a while. That's why I treat it like a chess game and try to think several moves ahead so I don't "fix" a problem now that causes another one later. I'd like to bring this thing in for no more than $12,000 but I've got a $1,000 in it already just in the rear end and body work - and, lke you said - now I'm getting to the fun part.