HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Wagz

Bump steer spacer source

Guest ON3GO

VB sells them also..

i have MSA's and thought they were pretty nice... but im sure VB's are the same thing.

mike

Thanks for the tips, guys.

VB's are $10 more than MSA's and neither listed the thickness of their spacers. JTR didn't list anything on their site. I'll have to make some calls tomorrow.

Dan: In my VR install manual, John Washington talks about having fabricated some double-thick (~1.5") spacers, but he felt handling on his test car was better with the standard 3/4 inch spacers. This was on a car with the struts shortened by 1.5 inches. Not sure how thick you are looking for, but it might be worth an email to John to ask about his experience.

Okay' date=' I'll bite...

Do you know what you are expecting the spacers to do for you?[/quote']

I'm significantly lowering the car by sectioning the struts and adding adjustable coil-overs. This, theoretically, causes negative camber change and raises the roll center of the car. The spacers should aleviate some of the problems and get the lower control arm back to almost horizontal with the ground.

I'm not 100% certain I will need the spacers, but I would rather have them on hand when I put this stuff together and set the car on the ground. I hate waiting for parts. I'll probably install them to start since, so many shops recommend them for lowered cars. The proof will be in the handling, though.

I'm significantly lowering the car by sectioning the struts and adding adjustable coil-overs. This' date=' theoretically, causes negative camber change and raises the roll center of the car. The spacers should aleviate some of the problems and get the lower control arm back to almost horizontal with the ground.

[/quote']

Okay - close enough, just so long as you weren't expecting them to 'fix' your bump steer curve...

The spacers should help your camber gain. FWIW, though, lowering the car lowers the roll center, and the spacers raise it back up.

I machine and sell 3/4 inch billet aluminum spacers. Email me if you're interested and I can send you a picture, or check them out on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=42609&item=2446413337

You can buy them direct from me for $50 US plus shipping, includes high-grade bolts.

I also have a set of 1-1/4 inch spacers available if you lowered your car 2 inches.

Rick

Guest ON3GO

question..

do bump steer spacers only work for the front?

im sure its only for the front but my friend things you can add those to the rear also...

mike