HybridZ

RB26DETT POWERED 280ZX

CUBAN

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Either that has a really interesting body kit on the front, or the top picture is a pic of the wrong car. Insert: :D

Oops, I forgot my smiley to show that I was just teasing.... :)

i also have a web site on how-to install a RB26DETT into a 280zx, if anyone wants it. i havent been albe to see the pics though. i always get red x's at their web site, and the how-to is in japanise, but it looks like a good how-to

alex

That S130 belongs to Tetsu Takakamo. It was at the National Z Car Convention in Las Vegas 2000.

It was a real hoot to ride in down Van Ness after returning from Vegas!

He will be returning for the 2004 Convention in L.A., but who knows WHAT he will bring this year. I'm sure it will be something good! :D

I'm curious, maybe Stony can chime in, but how much power can that engine make on stock twins? 600hp sounds like a whole lot. That is the stock turbo setup isn't it? At least it's the stock plumbing, right?

And the reason people put that much power into a car is because they can, that's it. Makes it harder to drive the car, but hey.

looks a little mild for 600hp. I do like the skyline radiator and the clutch fan setup though, makes it look super factory stock. Thats a nice one, how it just looks right at home in there. You can get close to 600hp by changing out turbos and still retaining factory plumbing.

Now I know what that looks like in there! I almost went with this motor instead of the LT1 but I am more familier with the SBC so I went with that for my first swap.

All I know is I would have put some time into cleaning up the engine to make it look nice! I mean if you got the money for that engine then spend a little time to make it look nice! :D

Guy

I think the guys swap looks awesome, especially for 600hp. Ah the look of factory. Hey stony, is it 500hp on stock twins with metal exhaust blades or 500 with those ceramic ones in them? Heard they like to break up at just over 1bar.

Yea I’m maxed out at 400hp with the stock ceramic turbos @ 15 PSI the stockers can be modified to Super 60s. It's basically a 62 trim, T3 comp wheel and the clipped steel exh wheel. The Nismo GT LeMans Turbo's have the same wheel, but a larger A/R housing. The pair should support about 550hp @ 22psi with some 264 cams.

The rb26 is so detuned that simple bolt ons make lots of horsepower without using aftermarket intakes big single turbos ect ect.

You can take an rb26 bolt on a set of upgraded twins that use all the stock piping (quite large) plug in 680cc or larger injectors and install a larger intercooler and you have 500+RWHP. Throw a head gasket in it turn up the boost and 600+ is easy