HybridZ

Lone Star 1 - LS-1 Accessories

Lone,

From what I remember last Thursday the Datsun mounts pretty much excluded being able to normally mount the AC compressor in a low position. Did you consider mounting it high on the driver's side? Is there a problem with that area? I forgot to ask about it until after you'd gone.

High on the drivers side is where I mounted the alternator. If I remember right the AC compressor I had was to long and hit the drivers side head, unless you moved it out, and then it hit the strutt tower. They make a very short compressor that would mount in the stock location, but I wanted to use what I had. I spent way to much money by that time, and the wife was pulling in the ranes! b_hand.gif

I guess same problem would occur on the passenger side too.

Another question - on the drivers side exhaust - If the header had come down a little farther aft would that have helped any? I'm trying to follow your suggestion to go with headers vs. the stock exhaust manifolds. If I remember right a center dump would be pretty much OK on the passenger side but things would work a little better if moved back on the drivers side.

Ok - I've got this figured out - just park your car at my place for about a month so every time I have a brain fart I can go out and figure it out.