HybridZ

Complete turbocharger guide

auxilary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Although I posted this link in another thread, I feel that this information is sticky material. Learn how to use turbo flow maps and how to match a turbo compressor to a particular engine. In this case the L28ET is used as an example.

http://www.mygen.com/users/dbruce/myz31/TurboMaps/L28ET%20Engine%20Air%20Flow%20and%20Turbo%20Compressor%20Maps.htm

• 2 years later...

That is awesome information!

One question though. This was from the first link where he's explaining how to calculate CFM.

The the formula to to this for a 4 stroke engine is: (CID × RPM) ÷3456 = CFM

For a 2 stroke you divide by 1728 rather than 3456.

But in the link Cygnusx1 posted, with the L28 example, he used 1728 in his equation. I would assume one of these two articles are in error, and probably the second. Does that mean the whole rest of the guide would be worthless? The concepts are great and still the same, but I would think the data would be un usable.

• 5 months later...
That is awesome information!

One question though. This was from the first link where he's explaining how to calculate CFM.

[/font]

But in the link Cygnusx1 posted, with the L28 example, he used 1728 in his equation. I would assume one of these two articles are in error, and probably the second. Does that mean the whole rest of the guide would be worthless? The concepts are great and still the same, but I would think the data would be un usable.

Actually, both are correct. If you look closely, the equation in the link Cygnus posted has RPM x CFM x VE x 0.5/3456. The initial equation has RPM x CFM/1728. If you factor out the 0.5 the equations are identical 3456/2 = 1728.

• 5 months later...

Very good info for those running turbocharged cars/trucks. I found the intercooler theory section especially helpful with one of my projects although it was not on my z......should have known to look on here for a link before searching other not so technical boards:)