HybridZ

Hello!

Guest Fast Frog

Guest Fast Frog

It's been almost a year since I've visited this site :( Just wanted to say Hi!! :) My 383 ZV8 is still running great!! I guess I'm probably still the oldest member at 61!!! :shock: At least I'm retired and can play all I want :D

(Hope I haven't broken any rules?!?!? :oops: )

It's been almost a year since I've visited this site :( Just wanted to say Hi!! :) My 383 ZV8 is still running great!! I guess I'm probably still the oldest member at 61!!! :shock: At least I'm retired and can play all I want :D

(Hope I haven't broken any rules?!?!? :oops: )

Sorry, I'm 62 and also having a lot of fun playing with my Twin Turbo 383 72 Z. I'm retired too, so have to watch the toy expenditures. Welcome back.

Hanns

Guest Fast Frog

Thanx guys for the welcome back! :-D This pastyear I've been busy finishing our cabin behind the Colo Natl Monument and getting our primary residence, here, ready for selling. So, I haven't had a lot of "Z time". :(

Z-dreamer, I sold the Paxton S/C about 2 yrs ago. Got tired of tighting those ever slipping belts. Then when they slipped too much they'd flip off and do damage to the wiring. The car runs freer and cooler, albeit not quite as fast!

Turbo-meister, I don't mind sharing "old Goat" honers with you. I'd like to keep what I know now and time travel back 30 yrs, but that wouldn't be life. :?

DavyZ, it looks like you're still doing a lot of gabbing!!(5500+posts :shock: )

Gotta go

Guest Fast Frog

Hanns:

I'd like to know how you did your turbo setup. I looked at it several yrs ago but felt it would take too much fabing up and cutting up of the engine bay. U can contact me at email address zhaba@acsol.net if U don't want to use forum space here.

Thanx :-D

I'd like to know how you did your turbo setup. I looked at it several yrs ago but felt it would take too much fabing up and cutting up of the engine bay.

I did not cut up any portion of the engine compartment or the hood. The entire system is mostly homemade in design. The exhaust manifolds are made from 2.5 " square tubing and the turbo compressors dump almost immediately into a sealed box containing a 750 dp carb.

Shortly I will post pics of the manifolds, turbos and the engine. There are several pics of the car and engine in the Turbo/Supercharger forum around early Nov of 2003.

Hanns

DavyZ' date=' it looks like you're still doing a lot of gabbing!!(5500+posts :shock: )

[/quote']

Rick,

I probably reply to more posts then I should, but cannot help myself. Perhaps I fear that if I take a vacation from the board that I will somehow lose interest in my V8 swap--that would not be good and may cause me serious injury by my wife :D especially after all the time & money so far.

Davy